Update On My Sister

Old 09-12-2004, 12:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update On My Sister

Hi Everyone.
Sorry for my absense. Just wanted to update and vent a little.

Well the custody hearing is the 15th (Wednesday). My sister(who is the alcoholic --you can read my past post to know more) She had a disposition hearing this past week where she was caught more than a few times lieing under oath.
I guess she was with her boyfriend when he got picked up with his OWI and had cocaine in his system. She told us and her lawyer and on stand that she wasn't with him when he got picked up. Well, they had the police report and she was named on the report.
Well, like I said the custody hearing is on Wednesday and like I said they have quite a bit aggainst my sister. From the recent falling off the wagon to her involvement with this X-felon to purgury.Her X husband and the father of their kids has quite a bit of people testifying to his defense And my sister just has 1 non family member who will. My parents are testifying for her but they will also be under cross examine by X husbands lawyer. I think that the father is trying for 100% custody.
The real loser are the kids. My sister still has not given up on her addict felon boyfriend who is back in prison. She knows that it is between this guy and her kids. She seems to be choosing this bozo boyfriend.
I am worried about everyone. Lisa- with loosing her kids. Loosing primary custody. Maybe at best seeing them every other weekend and one night a week. That will really be hard for her. I can't imagine it. My parents really believe that she will drink for sure with all that time by herself. I don't know what is going to happen. I can almost see my parents letting Lisa move in with them if she looses custody That was just a sudden thought that came to my mind. My mom has pretty serious back surgery coming up here soon. (the 30th)
I will keep you informed how it goes...
My parents did attend a Al-ANon meeting. So, that is good. I don't think that they would think of asking me along as there are too many secrets between them and Lisa. Oh well....could find my own meeting. I don;t have near the interaction that they have with my sister.
thanks for reading my ramblings

SHARALEE
Old 09-12-2004, 01:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope things work out for the best.
Old 09-12-2004, 04:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

sharalee - good luck with your situation! (((()))))

cwohio