Notices

New Approach Needed! Pain Pills

Old 12-29-2015, 05:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Approach Needed! Pain Pills

Christmas has been tough, tapering has gone out the window. I am back up to 30+ a day, but thats down a lot from months ago.

The misery and violent withdrawls are just too much and I just think sod it, no one notices im on anything and I stilk work and stuff. Id like to do a medical detox, but no one knows about the addiction so it would be hard. Not sure how im gonna beat it, its harder than anything ive done before. I just need to start again, I need a plan, maybe I can copy someone elses.

Filling time is hard because im too sick and tired without the pills, but I need to do something as the time goes so slow.

Hope the rest of you are doing better, ive seen plenty of succes stories, stories of people who stopped before rock bottom, well done.
Old 12-29-2015, 07:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know tapering is a painful process which takes a lot of willpower and discipline. I failed many times at tapering off of opiates and finally had to go to my doctor and ask for help. He put me on Gabapentin 300mg (3X daily) and tramadol for two weeks. Somehow this took away the pain of withdrawal for me and I was able to make it out of the hardest withdrawals.

Everyone is different so this might not work for you but talk with your doctor and see if you both can find something that works to ease some of your pain. Good luck and sorry you are in such pain.
Old 12-29-2015, 03:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Tapering with my DOC never worked, I used another opiate that didn't get me high to taper, quit drinking and started an antidepressant, most importantly I cut off my access and accepted that it would take time to feel better. You can do this!
Old 12-29-2015, 04:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good luck IWALKTHELINE. I have zero experience of pain killer withdrawals so I have no advice to offer. Has your GP suggested anything?
Old 12-29-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I stilk work and stuff. Id like to do a medical detox, but no one knows about the addiction so it would be hard.
would people knowing be the worst thing in the world?

D
Old 12-29-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that you find some peace in your life.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You can do this IWALKTHELINE, get a plan together and have a piece of that happiness that you deserve!!
Old 12-30-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good luck
Old 12-30-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by IWalkTheLine View Post
Id like to do a medical detox, but no one knows about the addiction so it would be hard.
Hard if secrecy is part of your recovery plan. Addiction thrives in the dark. Time to quit hiding and do whatever it takes (detox, hospitalization, rehab, face-to-face support) to get and stay clean.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have had addiction in the past, crack, heroin and alcohol most of my life. I have let a lot of people down, I need to quit this one, without anyone knowing. Its holding up my life.