Notices

"The Party's Over" & I am one scared pup!!!

Old 09-11-2004, 10:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"The Party's Over" & I am one scared pup!!!

I am addicted to pain-killers & muscle relaxers, first it was codiene4 and soma.Now its vicodin & soma I stareted taking them for a chronic back problem8 yrs. ago, now I take them just to get up in the morning & function.I have been abusing them for years now & am so afraid to get off of them.I Take about 15 of each a day. But the party is sooo over for me now! I have become a slave to them & I WANT OFF!!! I Just dont know how to start. I lost my medical ins. and dont know what to do...I went cold turkey last year and went throught 3 weeks of hell!!! I cant do that again..I want help......Any sugesstions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-11-2004, 11:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome rhon-ron! im dot. i have no experience with pain pills, but theres many people here who do. have you considered going to the emergency room? i know you dont have ins, but perhaps theres a clinic near you that would take you on a sliding scale? hang in there, and nice to meet you.

hugs,

dot
Old 09-12-2004, 07:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Hello Rhon-ron--Welcome to SR! In my town there are treatment programs for people with no insurance which are funded by the Department of Mental Health. When I got sober, I had lost my job so I didn't have any insurance either. I did not have to pay a thing! You might try calling around or looking at some of the links on this site. It sounds like you would need to be in a detox of some sort first, but I am sure that can be arranged. Help is there if you only look for it.

Hugs--
Old 09-12-2004, 07:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

HEY RON WELCOME.
I'M TED ADDICT/ALKIE,NICE TO MEET YA.
DITTO WHAT DOT SAID,LULU IS RIGHT THERE ARE STATE FUNDED PROGRAMS
FOR PEOPLE THAT CAN'T AFFORD HELP.
I'M IN ONE MYSELF,THERE'S NO SHAME IN ASKING FOR HELP.
STICK AROUND GET THE SUPPORT YOU NEED.
................ted
Old 09-14-2004, 11:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dotcom
welcome rhon-ron! im dot. i have no experience with pain pills, but theres many people here who do. have you considered going to the emergency room? i know you dont have ins, but perhaps theres a clinic near you that would take you on a sliding scale? hang in there, and nice to meet you.

hugs,

dot
Dot, ThanK You for the support, I am going to look into a detox on a sliding scale......The emergency room told me they couldnt help me. It had to be a life threatening situation.At any rate I am searching.Nice to meet you also.