Notices

Starting over

Old 12-19-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting over

So I'm back at starting point. A few black outs latter, calling in sick to work, humiliating myself. And I finally finally had enough of the insanity. Actually I drank this morning but I poured the rest out. So I'm starting sober from midday. My dog looked at me with such fear and worry while I drank and cried myself into a stupor last night, it made me so sad to see. Even my dog is worried about me.
God I pray I can do it this time. I'm going to start by canceling my new year plans and staying in with a cup of tea this year, I need to start the year off on the right foot.
Sorry for the pointless post I just need to make it official in my mind.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Starting over is ok

Originally Posted by Shantilove View Post
So I'm back at starting point. A few black outs latter, calling in sick to work, humiliating myself. And I finally finally had enough of the insanity. Actually I drank this morning but I poured the rest out. So I'm starting sober from midday. My dog looked at me with such fear and worry while I drank and cried myself into a stupor last night, it made me so sad to see. Even my dog is worried about me.
God I pray I can do it this time. I'm going to start by canceling my new year plans and staying in with a cup of tea this year, I need to start the year off on the right foot.
Sorry for the pointless post I just need to make it official in my mind.
You can do this , I am on my third start over this year 12 days now. Let's just do it.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

welcome back shantilove, sorry things haven't been good. Any thoughts on what you might do to stay sober this time around?
Old 12-19-2015, 08:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dismember

We're hear to listen to such (not) pointless posts. I believe you can do it. Having some tea for the new year sounds like a great plan to me. It may not be a party, but starting out the year sober is an exciting idea to me.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes the last thing I want is to start the year with a black out and impending doom.
I am living in a country which sells alcohol 24/7 at all convinice stores, this has been my problem, also a county which isn't my home I feel like I can get away with it. Enough is enough. I don't have a plan yet I just need to take it minute by minute. I have so much to be grateful for but I am always sad. Maybe therapy would help.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back shantilove
I think, if we want it, we can get and stay sober anywhere , I really do

I understand it feels like minute to minute right now but a plan is really important.

This is a great link to get you started?
https://store.samhsa.gov/shin/conten...0/SMA-3720.pdf
D
Old 12-19-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think most have had a rough go starting this journey. Change is scary. Continuing on the routine of constant intoxication is ultimately more scary.
Good that you've gotten to the point of realizing the need to change. Really wanting to change is the 1st step.
Good luck!
Old 12-19-2015, 08:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you for the suport. I really appreciate it, I'm more of a lurker here but in my time of need you are all so kind, I will make an effort to post and support you also.
Old 12-19-2015, 09:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You can do this! I'm on my third restart myself and 7 (I guess technically 8 now) days in. Like Dee said, it's all about having a plan in place. I've reworked mine a lot over the past two years and I've learned a lot on my journey. As Grizzly said, let's just do this and be done with alcohol for good!
Old 12-20-2015, 12:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Go for it shanti
Old 12-20-2015, 02:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am also on day 1 - we can do this!
Old 12-20-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome back Shantilove!!
Old 12-20-2015, 05:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

After a night tossing and turning and feeling cold, I've woken up with a combination of excitement for the future and anxiety. It's so important to remember that these feelings of anxiety do pass they are not permanent and everything in life can be changed. So I'm committing to the change. I'm going to buy some fruit to juice and start drinking tea. Taking it one day at a time.
Old 12-20-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am living in a country which sells alcohol 24/7 at all convinice stores, this has been my problem.

No that isn't your problem. You like to get drunk like myself and others, and it sure is easy to buy.

It's easy to do a lot of things that are bad for you, stop it!

Old 12-20-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Be sure to report in and let us know how the day is going.
Old 12-20-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Not a pointless post at all. Prayers to you on your journey.