Notices

Feeling Bad

Old 12-18-2015, 10:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling Bad

I am feeling really bad. I want to be sober, not because of just my kids, wife, and health but I really want to be free of drinking. I had 9 months then started a pattern of minor drinking a couple times a month. I know I cannot manage it on my own but I am in a situation where meetings are not accessible right now. You know, I am fine if I am around people, I don't even feel the desire to drink but when left to my own devices I fall back into it. I was drinking some today (beer) and my 9 year old saw me stumble and fall. He was so worried about me. I feel so damn terrible. He knows about my disease but I drink on the sly like I don't think he would notice, but I know he must. I am going to try to utilize this site more. Whenever I feel the overwhelming desire to drink I am going to come post first. I cant access the chat rooms btw if anyone is tech oriented and can help. I got to go at it one day at a time and stop putting an anvil over my head. My little man tells me all the time that I am the best daddy in the world. I always tell him he is the best little boy in the world right after. But I don't feel like the best dad. I want to deserve his admiration and I don't feel like I do. Any feedback is welcome. Bless you guys.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi John - I didn't go to meetings either but I plugged myself in here, posted daily and came here every time I wanted to drink, and SR never let me down

If you need more support, most recovery methods have online meetings now, and some methods, like Rational Recovery are book based and have no meetings at all.

If you want to give me some details on what happens when you try and enter chat here I can do what I can to help you there as well.

(I probably should add that chat wasn't around when I joined SR so you can get by without that too, if you're bound and determined to get sober and stay that way).

The bottom line is...if you're still drinking, only you can stop that, no matter what method you use.

so...know you know a couple ways around those roadblocks, what's the plan?

D
Old 12-19-2015, 02:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome to SR JohnQ
Old 12-19-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well as I said I a going to come here and post whenever I am going to make a bad decision. I am also going to try to develop a stronger adult network of people I can talk to. I need to treat this daily as the medical condition it is. I appreciate the feedback.
Old 12-19-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Make a point of trying to log in every day if possible bud it helps that much
Old 12-19-2015, 06:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope the support here can help you get sober for good.
Old 12-19-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Will do thanks Wolf
Old 12-19-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Adventurer

I try my best to come here every day and it is such a big help. I may not be a prolific poster but I try to post when I can. I do try to at least read every day and if I have any kind of cravings come here right away.