Notices

Personal or Professional Goals for 2016

Old 12-17-2015, 06:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Personal or Professional Goals for 2016

Over the last few weeks I have been trying to pen to paper goals for the upcoming year, which I am totally looking forward to.

Of course, the most important goal is to not pick up in 2016... just like each and everyday!

I thought it would be a great topic for everyone that wants to share theirs... it may give others ideas, and at the same time put yours in writing.

It really gets a person thinking. Going to think a bit more about mine.

Wishing everyone a Terrific, Thankful Thursday! Hope all is well in your World.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I like it!

Complete my transition from employee to business owner.

Start (and maintain) a sustainable physical fitness routine. (Waaaaaay too much time at a desk every day.)
Old 12-17-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Transition completely from blogging for clients to proofreading for clients. Much less intense work, and less time-consuming.

Ditch the part-time.

Recover from jaw surgery.

Tackle a book length creative writing project.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I always like this topic

Professional: I've been quite satisfied with how some parts of my work life has been going this past year (relative to a couple years prior at least when I was very unhappy with my performance) so I mostly want to continue with at least a similar level of productivity and fill holes as I see fit. I'll need to renew some funding but I feel we are in a good shape for it. I do have a few goals though that are new-ish: get involved in organizing networking events, conferences etc and expand on the clinical work that I've started doing this year. No plans to change job or position this coming year as the current one is pretty awesome in terms of opportunities it offers and the professional community. Maybe in a couple years. I also plan to focus on my new training this year quite a bit.

Personal: I don't have strong intentions to make significant changes as that's what I have been doing this year quite extensively, including starting new relationships and some significant closures. Just continue and develop what I have now.

Oh, I would like to focus a bit more in personal investment, find hopefully some better/more productive strategies and get help with it.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

I want to be bk in work for 2016 I want to start travelling again and hopefully had enough saved up for floors & I need to clear out the loft lol
Old 12-17-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Start a new Buisness and don't drink also loose 50lbs in weight!!
Old 12-17-2015, 02:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Put me down for the lose weight too. It's a necessity now.

D
Old 12-18-2015, 09:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

One more: to further develop stability of mind. That was all over the place for me in my first sober year (in my whole life really) and I have experienced significant improvements in this second year (2015) despite external challenges, which demonstrate to me the power of neuroplasticily (I'm a biologist so forgive me that), and also that most things are not unchangeable and they do not really depend on external factors the way we might feel. Mental stability has been a long standing issue for me and I really like what I've found in this year about it, am committed to keeping on this track and also to discovering whatever
Old 12-18-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for your response so far.

I, too, need to lose about 20 lbs.... Candy is an instant 'save my sanity go-to' that I need to give up.

Aellyce, love your goal for continued mental stability. I, too, work on this each day and have really benefited. That will continue to be a goal of mine in 2016.

Reading self-help books and articles has help and going into each day with a positive mindset.

Mindfulness has been a huge addition to my recovery success - just love the whole concept and the outcomes.

That is it for now... hope all is well everyone!
Old 12-18-2015, 12:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

- Find the time to still read for enjoyment while in school.
- Open myself up to the possibility of dating. Even though I am enjoying the heck out of being single right now, I feel I should eventually date.
- Travel more.
- Explore further spiritual growth
- Manage my time more wisely

Thats the short list off the top of my head.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Another goal I have for 2016 is to live a more minimalist lifestyle.... over the last 6 months I have done a lot of reading about it and the benefits.

So purge physical, mental clutter and not buying gadgets that don't add value to your happiness, etc.

Has anyone changed to this type of lifestyle?

Still waiting for more SR members goals for 2016.

Hope you are having a wonderful Weekend!
Old 12-20-2015, 07:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am writing a book which I intend to complete in 2016.

It is my fervent hope and intention to have it published by my birthday in 2017.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

double post
Old 12-20-2015, 07:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Start (and maintain) a sustainable physical fitness routine. (Waaaaaay too much time at a desk every day.)
^^^^This
Old 12-20-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beeme View Post
I am writing a book which I intend to complete in 2016.
^^^^And this. I have a first draft, but need to finish the revised.
Old 12-20-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Great post! Personally, I want to continue to self-improve, and of course continue to stay sober. I have made considerable progress in most areas except one: establishing a workout routine. Gotta do that.
Professionally, it will be a year of change, I expect. The bank I work for is merging, and I fully expect major changes to my job - IF I come out of it still having a job. We'll see, change isn't always a bad thing. I hope everyone on here finds accomplishment in what is important to them in 2016!
Old 12-20-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

FormerWineGirl, I, too, need to get into a physical exercise routine... I think I will just start with 10 minutes a day and then add 5 minutes each day or something like that until I form a habit of doing it.

Good luck with you job... you are right, sometimes change is a good thing.

Writing books is always an excellent process beeme and GroundHogDay... great rewards are associated with it.

Please keep posting your goals... putting it in writing seems to make it more real. :-)
Old 12-20-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Lose weight, start to eat for my health, study some spiritual teachings, continue studying a language that I should know by now but don't because I've been drinking and not applying myself. And just to appreciate the simple things in life and not take anything for grated. I love the change over into new year, a fresh start, new positive energy!
Old 12-20-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Expand my business and open another.
Lose 10 lbs
Stay sober and quit smoking
Old 12-20-2015, 10:43 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Into the Void

Get more and better clients so I can dump the lousy ones that stress me and don't pay.

Cut out sugar, refined carbs and diet soda and lose the last of the extra weight.

Learn to stay calm and not yell at the kids so much.

Make investments that actually go up in value.