Notices

Forgot

Old 12-14-2015, 11:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Forgot

I kinda forgot of this site, the forums, for a while.

I kinda forget im an addict once in a while.

I did not relapse. Never got this much sobertime before in my life.
Even quit smoking, finally!!!

Actually got a diagnosis for ADHD. This helped explain a lot of loopholes ive been stuck in. Ive gotten professional help learning me to cope for i do not want medication. My medication has been weed for more then 50% of my entire life. No more substitution.

Somehow i feel ashamed and kinda depressed, admitting i got this adhd thing. Ive been diagnosed for this a couple of times before but i always put it aside.

I cannot do this anymore, ive got a family now ive got to take care off.

Anyways, its time to remember again. This site is awesome.
Old 12-15-2015, 12:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to see you back and to hear things are going well CC

D
Old 12-15-2015, 02:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome bk nice to see you ComingClean
Old 12-15-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi CC. Can you expand on your ADHD treatment plan please. My son sounds a lot like you. He uses weed all the time. Has ADHD. Doesn't take meds. They say one parent has it so I guess that's me. I'm always losing my keys and stuff! I always kinda force myself to stay on task. I held the same job easily for 28 years. I also had a few people say they've never seen someone who can handle so many tasks at once! So that may be a benefit of ADHD. I wouldn't be depressed at all about that. I've been trying to figure out how to get my son off that pot stuff! Anyway, any words of advice would be great. Or sharing some of your counseling sessions and things that help you.

Thanks

Olivia
Old 12-15-2015, 05:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi comingclean
Great to hear you are doing so well )
I also have a ADHD diagnosis, have been on meds but as you choose not too.. Once i get permanently sober maybe i change my mind about that.

I should never feel ashamed about that diagnosis at all, imagine how much tougher your daily life is because of the ADHD and STILL you manage to handle your addiction.

Olivia2011; so sorry to hear about your son but i think ADHD is very common in many with addiction problems. In my experience the medicines available can be very helpful but i dont think its advisable to mix with weed or alcohol.
Also of course knowledge of your condition, minimize stress etc is important.
Good luck.....
Old 12-15-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks sisi! On another note about ADHD. I've always heard that if you take the ADHD meds and you feel like you are "speeding" (taking speed) then you don't have ADHD. My son says any ADHD meds (and he's/we've tried many) make him feel likes he's taking speed and he just wants to drink and smoke more. I too think ADHD (and depression) are heavily tied into
addiction. I've read where 75% of inmates have ADHD and I can certainly understand that. Impulsivity....
Old 12-15-2015, 11:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome back!!