Mixture of Annoyed and Amused

Old 12-12-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mixture of Annoyed and Amused

Perhaps amused isn't the right word - annoyed is, but maybe the amused is just a good sign.

My relationship with my XAB ended almost 6 months ago.

Today, 1 day before my birthday, I get a message from him about finding a bag I left over there today. Basically the first time I've heard from him since he said he couldn't remember where he put it (like a week after the break up) and maybe threw it away.

Six months later. That must have been a hell of a bender.

I understand there's probably more than just coincidence with the timing, etc., but I looked at the message for a minute, shook my head, and just deleted it. Maybe he'll get help some day, and best of luck to him if he does.

Three months ago I probably would have responded, and met up with him to get it. There's no telling where that would have headed, although I'd hope I would have had the strength to just get my belongings and walk away (it was a makeup bag and some other unnamed "stuff" he said that I had left over after I left that last night).

Five months ago, I possibly would have definitely given him another chance, likely just based on little more than his words, which he'd shown so many times were relatively meaningless.

Today, it's simply part of my past.

It gets better, guys. Just believe in yourself and your recovery, and take advice you get here to heart, because it's some of the greatest advice you can receive.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

They really come up with some crazy stuff, don't they?

I remember that almost a year after I'd left my second husband, at the time I was preparing to move BACK across the country to go back to the area where we'd lived previously before alcohol destroyed our short-lived marriage, he took it into his head to gift each member of my immediate family (dad, brother, maybe one or two other folks) with Omaha Steaks for Christmas.

We were all basically speechless. They barely knew him, and as my brother said, "Nothing quite says 'Happy Holidays' like a box full of meat."

I still laugh when I think about it--it was such a pathetic attempt to look like a good guy. Actually, he wasn't a BAD guy, but he was a desperately SICK guy, and his judgment on the holiday greetings just sorta confirmed that I was doing the right thing.
Old 12-12-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Here's another theory; maybe he kept hold of it for a while because he wasn't admitting you were gone for good. It might be that he's finally letting go too.

I hope so for your sake.
Old 12-12-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Whatever the case, it matters little. I thought the stuff was thrown away for 6 months now, and what am I going to do with 6 month old make-up? That's all I'm thinking.

I'm just glad I am no longer in the frame of mind to go down that wormhole.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by minime13 View Post
Whatever the case, it matters little. I thought the stuff was thrown away for 6 months now, and what am I going to do with 6 month old make-up? That's all I'm thinking.

I'm just glad I am no longer in the frame of mind to go down that wormhole.
Just me, being a cosmetic/personal care junkie, I would totally use this as an excuse to go on a bender at Sephora or Ulta. Obviously the rational response to any loss of makeup, no matter how old or unwanted.
Oh, and something about an ex too. Maybe he's hoping you found a six month old bottle of liquor someplace. Well, whatever, the real tragedy here is the dried out mascara and crumbling bronzer. Better start checking those sales flyers. Ulta is having their 12 days of beauty sale and Sephora is giving away a deluxe sample bag with a twenty five dollar purchase.
Old 12-12-2015, 08:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I just got the Ulta flyer in the mail last week! Good idea!
Old 12-13-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

make sure you sign up for Ebates first!!!
Old 12-13-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ok, well since we are talking about makeup.... Beautycounter makeup is my fav! Non toxic, gorgeous skin line!

Good for you Mini!! Way to handle it!! It's amazing how time away from the BS allows for us to see the situation so much clearer. Maybe, just maybe he has been playing dress up with your makeup for the last six months, ever think of that?! Lol.
Have a relaxing and peaceful Sunday!
Ro
Old 12-13-2015, 11:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
make sure you sign up for Ebates first!!!
Love Ebates. I can get the top ups for my prepaid phone delivered via email, tax free and get the cash back. Best deal ever.
I've had to watch myself here lately. Those daily deal emails will be the death of my bank account if I'm not careful. 'Tis the season to be an online shopaholic.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You sound GREAT!! and this made me LOL!

Basically the first time I've heard from him since he said he couldn't remember where he put it (like a week after the break up) and maybe threw it away.

Six months later. That must have been a hell of a bender.