I found out my bf was doing steroids

Old 12-12-2015, 01:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I found out my bf was doing steroids

So, about eh.. 5 months ago. My boyfriend told me he needed to tell me something, but he wanted to wait to tell me. And today I heard from some people that he was taking steroids. Now, he has been going to the gym for about a year now. He takes creatine and protein shakes and testosterone boosters. However, I confronted him about it today and he promised to me he didn't do steroids. And then my grandma told me she saw a seringe in his house before. So, I went and asked him again. Then he told me that yes he did. He took one cycle for 2 months. and last month was the last month is what he says. But I think he is lying because he told me long before that there was something he needed to tell me, and apparently this had been it. I feel so betrayed. He is 6 4 and he went from 180 lbs to 210. He lost 10 lbs and he tells me he keeps the rest, anyway. He told me he stopped now and was never gonna do it again. But now that I think about it, it all makes sense. Acne on his back and face, his face swelling, how fast he got big, how much he was eating, how quick tempered he was.. but I don t believe that he stopped taking them. Why? Because his mood swings, his temper, and because he lied about it before and the time he told me he needed to tell me something and the time he told me he started taking them, just doesn t add up. How do I find out if he is lying or still doing them? My mind is a mess, I don't know what to think or do. He kept this from me for a very long time. And ugh.. Im honestly really disappointed. He told me he was gonna tell me tomorrow. And that he had been wanting to tell me already for a while (which is true) but he wanted me to hear it from him and sit me down and stuff.
Old 12-12-2015, 01:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A big issue here is that he didn't tell you. My husband and friends are in the bodybuilding industry and there can be a lot of pressure.

Have you had a conversation with him and said that the dishonesty is a problem and you're concerned? Maybe he did do one cycle and has no desire to return to it, but that's not the point, he didn't tell you and it's a big deal putting this stuff in his body.

It can cause a lot of side effects as you've mentioned, and that affects both of you, not just him.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

trust cannot be recovered. Set your own boundaries. Not ones that HE needs to live up to but boundaries that you live within.

His choices are his own.

You can keep your eyes open and be alert but for me, babysitting and monitoring are no longer something that I could live with. I wish you peace and strength as you walk thru this. Best to you, Hugs, Joie