Touched in Florida

Old 12-07-2015, 12:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Touched in Florida

Hi,
I am enjoying my time here, much less stress, headaches, and giving me the time to bake a good decision did me.
I decided while I'm here I will not call my ah, of text him. It's causes me to get angry and sad when he doesn't respond.
Last night, I went to bed around 11PM. I had my phone with me. I was resting, not being able to sleep. When I picked up the phone, I saw a text came from my ah around 11:30PM. What my ah said didnt make sense. He said I'm sure you dont care., but I'm not opening the business tommorrow, not all next week. It's not going to be happening thing.
I texted him back. Asking him if he was ok?? Since he was closing the business.
He said he wa fine, just finishing helping a friends with fantasy football. Then my ah proceeded to say he doesn't have 2 Nichols to rub together. So he can't fill his gas tank
I replied how did that happen!
My ah responded, how do you think if happened.
I then said this is kinda late for you to be awake. It's now around 1AM.
My ah replied with why are you awake? I replied I was relaxing and saw his text.
My ah came back with, YOU LIAR!!!!! Then he started about a place. He said what this pecticular place me to you?

I didn't text him back. I know he was drinking.

I want to stand my ground.

I don't think he went to work today. We're a new business abd can't afford to be closed. I know he's home because he did text me because he forgot how to use the dishwasher.
Any thoughts??
Old 12-07-2015, 12:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My thought is to find another source of income so you are not tied to him at all for your own survival. And to keep trying to get the much needed R&R.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'll second hopeful4. Rejuvenate and then start to formulate a new business plan. With a different business partner, I'll add. He has no $, chooses to not open the business which I presume is his/your source of income, but somehow justifies helping a friend with fantasy football. It doesn't add up and I know because of your relationship beyond the business it becomes complicated, but do what you have to so that you can ensure your well being.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

This is just more manipulation. "I can't run the business without you, come home so everything will be OK." He can't even let you go on vacation in peace.

He is a liability, in every sense of the word. I hope you are able to cut yourself loose without too many financial losses. Whatever it takes for you to buy him out will be money well spent. One thing I have learned (the hard way--which is how most of our most valuable lessons are learned) is that it doesn't pay to throw good money after bad. Whatever the initial "losses" involved in getting him out will be outweighed by the fact that you can make your own success of the business without the stress of dealing with this kind of dead weight.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

being in "business" with him is like having a first class carriage seat on a runaway train. i'm sorry but your business IS suffering and HAS suffered ever since the active alcoholic was given any level of responsibility and funds management. as i suggested prior to your departure, i sure hope you have a good solid Plan B in place, because plan A is failing.

it's really time to quit expecting him to behave like a regular/normal partner, or even adult.
Old 12-07-2015, 03:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hope that he doesn't have access to any assets through the business? If so, I'd be finding a way ASAP to cut that access off. The story you told before you left about him taking money from the bank deposit was pretty concerning. He is clearly pocketing cash where ever he can!
Old 12-07-2015, 09:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Zircon, this has been coming for a while, and was as inevitable as winter (unless you're in Florida). You were probably the only thing holding the business together. I wonder what it will be worth by the time you come back? I assume he can't get his hands on the business money if he's broke, which is a blessing.

While the business is new, sucking up money and losing it through his neglect, it might be a good time to make him a low offer and go out on your own. He's incapable of keeping it going without you so if he plays hard-ball you can leave and it will be worthless.

Now you have time to think, can you see your way clear to separating officially from him? Business and relationship?