100 Happy Days, Part 3! Any Takers?

Old 12-04-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

100 Happy Days, Part 3! Any Takers?

This is part 3 of the Happy Days thread. Part 2 got too big for the server.

Part 2 is over here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5674146

Mike
Old 12-04-2015, 09:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Grateful that all of our collective happiness is too large to be contained in two massive threads! Thanks Mike.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Right - can't wait til the gratitude list thread rivals the Quackers thread size!
Old 12-04-2015, 05:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Today I'm grateful for my wonderful socks that my mom knit me from the second batch of brown wool I spun earlier this summer and for the lovely hat she knit me from her beige-y wool and the "Autumn Dusk" roving I spun. Here is the roving:

I can't find a good picture of what it looks like spun up, but hopefully w/some imagination, you can see what it might look like.

After the holidays, when I can assess my financial situation, I hope to buy a basic camera so I can take and post pictures of what I'm working on...but it's not in the cards just yet!
Old 12-04-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

57# I bought a new computer. It got delivered today. My old laptop has been dying since July when the fan broke. I did not want to crash much money, but this was a necessity. So Santa postman came early this year.

Everything is working fantastic. I feel very lucky.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am having a very hard day today, one of those where every little thing reminds me of XAH and the life that (I thought) we had together. I don't like it. It's hard, and it hurts.

However, I am grateful for it b/c it's some excellent practice in experiencing my pain and sorrow and just sitting with it, just feeling it and letting it wash over me and not trying to think of a way to fix it or distract myself from it. It is pain. It is sorrow. It is lost dreams. And it feels really, really bad. But at some point, it will pass, like every feeling or experience does. And like Maya Angelou's poem, "Into a daybreak that's wondrously clear, I rise."

We will all rise.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
Today I'm grateful for my wonderful socks that my mom knit me from the second batch of brown wool I spun earlier this summer and for the lovely hat she knit me from her beige-y wool and the "Autumn Dusk" roving I spun. Here is the roving:

I can't find a good picture of what it looks like spun up, but hopefully w/some imagination, you can see what it might look like.

After the holidays, when I can assess my financial situation, I hope to buy a basic camera so I can take and post pictures of what I'm working on...but it's not in the cards just yet!
One of the women at our Alanon retreat last month brought her spinning wheel and a pile of wool. She spins her own yarn and then knits the most beautiful things. She donated one of her handmade scarves as a prize for the spring raffle. It was a really gorgeous deep green color.
It was so soothing just to watch and listen to her spinning. The whoosh of the wheel and the click clack of the foot pedals, the thread winding around and the ball of wool slowly growing.
She said she's trying to convince her husband to let her raise a couple of sheep so she can quit buying wool online.
Old 12-05-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Grateful my ex mil showed up unannounced at my home this morning while I was having a garage sale for my family-she was clutching a list of items (I guess hoping to catch me selling things that aren't mine?!)...grateful I have the grace to have kept it together-however, if she ever returns the police will be involved. Grateful that God keeps revealing that my ex is an idiot that sends his mommy (and others) to harrass, do his dirty work, etc and that I absolutely made the right decision. Grateful to see how pathetic it all is!!!!! My eyes are open and that us whst I'm most grateful for! Thanks to y'all, peeps!
Old 12-05-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

#58 The sauerkraut looks promising. And I am grateful
Old 12-05-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Grateful for a quiet night at home.
Grateful for some work time at the library.
Grateful for a hot bath.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh, I like this thread, can't believe I didn't check it out earlier! I'm grateful for an awesome prenatal yoga class that is helping me let go of pregnancy stress and tight pregnancy hips.
Old 12-06-2015, 05:13 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by healthyagain View Post
#58 The sauerkraut looks promising. And I am grateful
healthyagain, inspired by you, I started some probiotic pickled garlic yesterday--my house may be too cold, but I've got the jar on top of the fridge, about the best I can do. Glad your sauerkraut is coming along!
Old 12-06-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
healthyagain, inspired by you, I started some probiotic pickled garlic yesterday--my house may be too cold, but I've got the jar on top of the fridge, about the best I can do. Glad your sauerkraut is coming along!
That is awesome, honeypig! Pickling is so fun, isn't it? It is fun to prepare everything, and then you have to wait, and be patient, and then you open the jar and stuff tastes better than anything you can find at the store.

My family was making sauerkraut before I was even born. It was a whole ceremony! And it is a cultural thing. My dad would get a big bag of cabbage, maybe 40 pounds, then clean it, put it in a huge barrel with salt. And I had the honor to pick the bag as we would go to the market together. Then my mom would make prune jam, and my gran would make apricots jam. It was our "winter" food. All I can say is YUM!

#59 Had a busy Sunday, cleaned my place, had a great game of fetch with my doggy who is finally maturing and wears a pair of listening ears more often.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Grateful for a really good Alanon meeting this evening. It was about 25 people, and there was a lot of ES&H there. The topic was a slogan, "First things first." The big bonus was that everyone who spoke kept their shares on point and brief, thus we heard from pretty much everyone who cared to speak, getting a lot of different input on what "First things first" meant and how folks had used it.

I actually bumped into the woman who'd been my temporary sponsor when I first came to Alanon, and it was nice to catch up w/her a bit, too, since I've not really seen her since then. A decent day, all around, and a warm and loving end to it--a nice finish to the weekend.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Happy and grateful for a nice, albeit busy, weekend. I had some good quality time with my DD12, and was able to help out some friends on Sunday by watching their kids. We were busy, but I don't have that totally exhausted feeling that I always had before I moved out, because no longer am I expending so much energy trying to manage and control over single little thing.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

#59 - So happy DD is making new friends this year & attending a bday party today. Making/keeping friends has been a challenge for her - it's not easy finding other 11-yr olds with active interests in yoga, meditating, etc. She's also a bit more mature & doesn't play into the mean girl games so while she's very popular on the whole, it hasn't been easy for her to have strong, individual friendships.

#60 - Happy to have an easygoing morning to do some leisurely shopping for work before going in on a Sunday. I finally had some time to think about our gift list from the office & felt good that I suggested we add a few names for other businesses that have helped us out a lot this year. Now that I have approval I can focus on finding gifts that express my gratitude - & my business budget is much better than my personal one, lol.

#61 - So grateful for my new sneakers & the ability to stand in one store trying them on while shopping on my smartphone only to realize that the place next door has the exact same shoes for 25% cheaper, in stock, right now. SCORE! I had to have these today, my old shoes walked 400+ miles & had worn down, woohoo for me!
Old 12-07-2015, 10:36 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Grateful for a day to spend at home cleaning, sorting and organizing and cooking.
Grateful for a donation purge that has left my closet floor visible for the first time in many moons.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:47 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

59 - grateful dad is moved in with my sister - and that we'll all rest easier at night because of it.
60 - grateful for an exercise / healthy eating schedule - i feel good and have lost 25lbs since august.
61 - happy for dinner with a buddy tonight.
Old 12-08-2015, 04:02 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Grateful that my quirky, non-drinking, laid back, aspie, counselor friend asked me to marry him.
Grateful that I was brave enough to say yes!
Old 12-08-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Wow, yurt! Congratulations!

#60 Grateful for a good Monday. My weekends are good now, my Mondays are good now. My meals are stress free. My dishes are washed, my laundry is washed, my house is clean, my pets are perfect. I sleep through the night and wake up refreshed.

#61 Grateful for my work. Grateful for being so lucky.