Notices

A colleague died today

Old 11-30-2015, 10:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A colleague died today

He worked in another office than me, and I did not know him well, but I knew of him and his alcoholism was well known to many of us. He didn't show to work today, so his boss called his cell phone, where his family picked up and told the manager the unfortunate news. We are unsure of the exact cause of death, but he was a mid 40s male that was a prolific drinker, who had been suffering other illnesses.

If alcoholism wasn't the cause of his death, it sure did not help him. Things like this put it in perspective why we are all on the site. A lot of things on this planet can kill you; better to eliminate the preventable causes of death---alcoholism.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I'm sorry about your colleague jtf ,

I'm convinced alcohol is a toxin with a big advertising budget .

Each day sober is a win ,

Take care , m
Old 11-30-2015, 10:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your workmate too jtf.
D
Old 11-30-2015, 10:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm sorry for your loss sending condolences
Old 12-01-2015, 08:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Very sorry to hear of your colleague Jtf!!
Old 12-01-2015, 09:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Very sorry to hear about that.

What other illnesses was he suffering from? I know that alcohol does compound some illnesses to a very bad extent and its not good. Some distant family members that were alcoholics (by definition but not by admission) lead to their untimely passing. I am hoping that I can undo the damage that could lead to that sort of thing by mainly not drinking but also by doing other things for myself now. Making sure I am well hydrated, making sure I eat foods that are good for me, making sure that I am getting at least the daily recommendation of 5 fruits/veggies a day, making healthier choices in all aspects of my life. Its a hard lifestyle to escape from. But at a young age (early 30s) I am hoping that I can avoid those awful things and a lot of statistics out there say that I can. But those are just statistics and there are that out layers. Hopefully that realization can keep me going (among lots of other techniques) and keep progressing to a healthy lifestyle.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear this news. It really does put things into perspective as far as what can happen. Motivation to keep strong and stay sober for sure.