Notices

Am I relapsing??

Old 11-30-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Am I relapsing??

lately I feel like using. I am not sure why I think this would be a solution to my unsettled feeling, but tonigh tI found myself scrambling through my phone looking for anyone that might be able to hook me up which in itself is stupid cause I am so far out of the loop. I told myself it is just ridiculous at this point to think I could get high again. so now I am sitting here very frustrated. Im not sure if I am more frustrated that I want to get high or that I cant. I needed to reach out and breathe a minute I dont want to bring this up to the people close to me. I think they will just freak. so here I am where I have always felt safe in the past. I dont want to get high anymore... I think?? dont want to feel like I have these past few weeks either
Old 11-30-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
now's the time

Sorry to hear, change4life, sounds uncomfortable. What kind of feeling have you been having that makes you feel like using?
Old 11-30-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're feeling unsettled right now. I wonder if something has happened to bring up these feelings? It's good that you have come here because we do understand how feelings like this can pop up. I hope that you can do something nice for yourself this evening and good for you for getting through this.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

sounds to me like a clear sign of concern.

If I were in your shoes, I would ask myself "what can I do today, tomorrow and this week to help deepen my sobriety"?

I'd consider making an appointment with my therapist.

I'd go to a meeting.

I'd call a sober friend and ask to meet and talk.

I'd make a list of sober activities and plan to do them.

I would get ACTIVE in response to those thoughts....

I'd also probably journal a bit about the reasons I have chosen sobriety and what I want -and don't want - for my life.

Those thoughts won't make you relapse - but your response to those thoughts could well BE the choice to relapse.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I feel very uncomfortable, unsettled always feel the need to keep moving, nervous energy, but I cant focus to get anything done. I feel like I need a brain vacation so getting high, i just need a break
Old 11-30-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you don't.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

try distance running.... it's a fantastic alternative addiction. It's a high... it burns up that energy....

Old 11-30-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I go wed to therapist
Old 11-30-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Change4life View Post
I feel very uncomfortable, unsettled always feel the need to keep moving, nervous energy, but I cant focus to get anything done. I feel like I need a brain vacation so getting high, i just need a break
Is there a way you can channel that energy into something else? I understand completely that for us, our go-to move is to escape with drug of choice, but that option needs to be off the table. Correct?
Old 11-30-2015, 06:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
now's the time

I know that feeling really well. I'm actually feeling that way a bit myself tonight because I've got some kind of bug and I've been stuck in bed.

Exercise really does help me... for tonight, maybe you could try putting on some music and stretching? That always calms me down. Or maybe tea and a movie?
Old 11-30-2015, 06:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I just want to say that your post inspired me. You don't realize just how strong you are. As all of us addicts know, if we truly wanted to use/drink, we would FIND a way. Your post showed what all of us feel deep down.... and that is your/our resolve to fight for ourselves and truly believing that we deserve the best life has to offer. Sincere thank you.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:30 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

ouch free owl. I cant run anymore.. not even short, short distance. I can now ride bike if I am very careful. we are not all as young or in shape as we would like to be
Old 11-30-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I have been sick for almost 2 weeks. been feeling very low. I would hope that it what it is. It has been making me cranky now that I think about it
Old 11-30-2015, 06:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Change4life View Post
ouch free owl. I cant run anymore.. not even short, short distance. I can now ride bike if I am very careful. we are not all as young or in shape as we would like to be
I'm sorry. I understand we can't all do the things we might like to or used to. Would swimming be an option?
Old 11-30-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
now's the time

Being sick always makes me a mess. It reminds me of the whole cycle. I associate it with drinking and withdrawal... I get right back into that bad mindset. Hopefully that's all it is for you too! I've been reminding myself that over and over again today.
Old 11-30-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Yes I can still swim like a little dolphin!!!!
Old 11-30-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is a challenging and stressful time of year for many , not just people like us here on SR.

Balance is very important, vital even. If your life is out of whack, is there any way you might redress that and get a little more you time C4G?

D
Old 11-30-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

badger257. It took me a few minutes to process what you said.
" if we truly wanted to use/drink, we would FIND a way". I dont do that anymore. I never try to FIND a way to get high. you reminded me of that. And Im thinking I am lucky to be in this place and if I really wanted too I would find a way. Thanks
Old 11-30-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I have much me time. Maybe that is the problem. I might be getting stuck in my gead
Old 11-30-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hey Dee. How have you been?