Today's Thought - 9/10

Old 09-10-2004, 07:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

Today's Thought - 9/10

Reflection for the Day

What wonderful things could happen in my life if I could get rid of my natural impulse to justify my actions? Is honesty so deeply repressed under layers of guilt that I can't release it to understand my motives? Being honest with ourselves isn't easy. It's difficult to search out why I had this or that impulse and, more importantly, why I acted upon it. Nothing makes us feel so vulnerable as to give up the crutch of the alibi, yet my willingness to be vulnerable will go a long way toward helping me grow in the Program. Am I becoming more aware that self- deception multiplies my problems?

Today I Pray

May God remove my urge to make excuses. Help me to face up to the realities that surface when I am honest with myself. Help me to know, as certainly as day follows sunrise that my difficulties will be lessened if I can only trust His will.

Today I Will Remember

I will be willing to do God's will.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

...yet my willingness to be vulnerable will go a long way toward helping me grow in the Program.
Amen, Petunia. Before recovery, I hid in denial. After a little bit of recovery, I hid in my recovery safe place not allowing the world to touch me. Today I have learned that it's okay to allow myself to be vulnerable and it's okay to risk my heart, knowing that my recovery tools will see me through. It's okay for me to still make mistakes, with no alibis or excuses, and to learn from these mistakes and continue to grow.

Thank you for this reminder and for posting these readings.

Hugs
Ann
Old 09-10-2004, 07:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
{tap}{tap}...Is this thing on?

Ann,

I am so glad when I get these readings and when I share them. They are sent to me every day via the Hazelden website (http://www.hazelden.org). I'll continue to share them until I'm advised to do otherwise.

Peace,
Petunia
Old 09-10-2004, 12:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you Petunia!!!