Notices

Excedrin

Old 11-30-2015, 04:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Does anyone else take Excedrin? I get horrible headaches if I don't take it. I'm scared I'm gonna get an ulcer or something. I guess I can just start taking less and less and try to wean off of it. Sorry. I know this is so minute compared to the things I read here but I just wanted to see if anyone else has this problem. Thanks
Old 11-30-2015, 04:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Excedrin has a lot of caffiene in it among other things, but it's really something you should ask a doctor as we cannot give medical advice here.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Bella :-) I don't know anything about it but it sounds like from Scott's response it may well be caffeine withdrawal. Headaches are what I get if I skip coffee for a day.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I take a baby aspirin each day. Less chance of strokes in old guys. Thins blood.

If you are taking two or three full strength each day, your blood is probably super thin. Could be dangerous ?

Mountainman
Old 11-30-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bellamiaa View Post
Does anyone else take Excedrin? I get horrible headaches if I don't take it. I'm scared I'm gonna get an ulcer or something. I guess I can just start taking less and less and try to wean off of it. Sorry. I know this is so minute compared to the things I read here but I just wanted to see if anyone else has this problem. Thanks
I took it like candy for years. The combination of acetaminophen and caffeine gave me a "kick". Then I realized a few years ago that its a pretty harsh medication. I still have some in the house, but a bottle lasts me forever. My father took so much of it his stools turned black as a result, and he got a stern warning from his Dr. You may be experiencing caffeine headaches. Good luck to you.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
I took it like candy for years. The combination of acetaminophen and caffeine gave me a "kick". Then I realized a few years ago that its a pretty harsh medication. I still have some in the house, but a bottle lasts me forever. My father took so much of it his stools turned black as a result, and he got a stern warning from his Dr. You may be experiencing caffeine headaches. Good luck to you.
Thank you. That's it. The "kick". It's so stupid though. I guess it's the addict in me. I wonder if the headaches could be a form of withdrawal. I wonder if that's even possible with otc medicine.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Btw Thomas I've read your story and have been keeping up with it since I joined. (Not to sound like a stalker lol) you've come a long way. Congrats to you
Old 11-30-2015, 07:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think its very possible. I've talked to people who have experienced headaches trying to cut back on coffee and/Mountain Dew. I also think that some of the OTC medications aren't necessarily as harmless as we think. I also believe the current craze of energy drinks also has the potential to end badly. So many young people are slamming these things like water, and they are loaded with sugar and caffeine. I dunno, just my 2 cents.