Old 11-28-2015, 11:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you ok?
Old 11-29-2015, 02:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's a pretty heavy statement.
Whats going on Joe?

(I moved your post to the Newcomers forum so more people can see it and respond)

D
Old 11-29-2015, 02:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

What's up Joe
Old 11-29-2015, 02:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Are you alright?
Old 11-29-2015, 02:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joe1987 View Post
This is it for me, one way or another it all ends tonight
Hope that is a positive statement made ?
For we can take it several different ways ?
Take good care of yourself and check in here if you would.
MB
Old 11-29-2015, 02:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

let us know you are all right. we are worried about you.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Joe
I'm about all day and checking in on this forum regularly. I'm here if you need/ want to talk
Old 11-29-2015, 03:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Joe, I'm really worried about you and I see from other posts that others are too. What can we do to help you? I saw your post yesterday that you were feeling suicidal, now you post this…
Where do you live? In the US? Please call a hotline. I know it sounds weird to just call a random number and not really have any idea what to say, but they will be able to help you. We are here too. Reply here and let us know what is going on. Or if you prefer you can private message anyone here. I am sure that anyone you wrote to would respond. If you are feeling an urgent need to communicate you can look under the user name for the green dot- that means someone is online.
I am guessing that (due to your young looking profile picture as well!) your user name number references the year you were born. I'm in my mid-30's, but I remember my mid 20's well. It is such a period of change, drama, heartache, growth, joy, misery, confusion- especially with an alcohol or drug problem in the mix. That said you have got SO much ahead of you. SO much. There is a way out of this hole, I promise you. Right now you need to hang on, grab any line you can.
Take care Joe, I know I am not alone in saying I will be thinking of you.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi buddy, give full sober a real try and it will make growth and healing possible. Sending you love and good vibes from southern Oregon.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

How's it going Joe? You are on my mind, I hope you will check in soon. I'm off to do a little Christmas ahopping, I might stop somewhere and have a hot chocolate as a treat. These are two things I simply could not imagine about 12 years ago when I was in a deep depression myself. I'm so glad I reached out for help and got through it. I don't have a lot of money to spend, tomorrow the stresses of the week begin again and all the things I put off for the weekend must be addressed, but it's a nice day, I'm sober and most of all I have hope.
I hope you will keep reaching out yourself. Life isn't one big bowl of cherries, but it can be better than it feels for you now.
Sending you a warm hug.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hope ur ok Joe, let us know!
Old 11-29-2015, 09:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, thank you all for your support, I keep making the same mistakes time and time again! I haven't picked up a drink today but was drunk for the previous 48 hours, I really am throwing everything away and feel like I'm losing everyone I love aswell as my sanity.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Joe, I hope you are okay. You are in my thoughts.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank you Emma
Old 11-29-2015, 09:59 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

So glad you checked in Joe. You had a lot of people worried. Have you come to the point where you realize that drinking alcohol is your number one problem? I don't want to talk down to you and tell you things you already know, so forgive me if it seems that way, but alcohol is a depressant. If you are already suffering from depression, mild or otherwise, it will only exacerbate it. Even if you don't suffer from depression, you can have bouts of it as a result of heavy drinking.
For example, while I have battled with periods of mild to moderate depression in the past, I have never majorly suffered. However, when drinking heavily there would be mornings I would wake up absolutely wanting to die. I would seriously consider suicide I was so low.
It took a very short amount of time being sober for that to lift.
The thing is I don't think you can address the depression while actively drinking.
Do you feel ready to give sobriety a go? Is there something holding you back? Do you not want to stop or can you just not resist the drink? My problem was that I just couldn't resist. I wanted to stop with everything in me but couldn't seem to. I went to an addiction center and was given medication to help with cravings. I am now at the point where I am stopping them, though I have a supply in my house should I feel that I need them.
Could you look into medication?
What can we do to help? It is sad to see others hurting and I know a lot of us would be happy to talk you through a strong craving or difficult moment. Please reach out next time you think of drinking.
Take care of yourself.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:00 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Today I've told all my friends and family about my drinking and drugs issues in the hope that this can be a fresh start, thanks again for all of your kind words
Old 11-29-2015, 10:01 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Nice work Joe. I hope it feels great. Stay strong.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I absolutely 100% have to get sober, before my 48 hour binge I had been sober from alcohol for three weeks but I was smoking weed on a daily basis, I tell myself that I am an addict and worthless and then when I get drunk I lose all of my inhibitions and lose all control, I always end up black out drunk. I think I do have suffer from depression and I think that the years of smoking weed has had a terrible effect on my state of mind. I need to do this for myself and my loved ones and it has to start today
Old 11-29-2015, 10:14 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Joe, I'm glad you're feeling a bit better.

You may find that your depression improves when you stop drinking, and if not, you could think about talking to your dr.