Notices

Day 2 ...again

Old 11-28-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 ...again

Given this is my second attempt to become sober, it is strange how similiar it is to the first time. I was sober for about 6 months and then slowly go back into drinking until yesterday the wife said, no more, my drinking was no longer ok.

It is strange though, last night I slept great I think partially knowing that I dont have to fear getting drunk today. Honestly, I am relieved that my wife got to the stage where she wanted me to stop. She was partially in favor of seeing if I could slowly get back into drinking and be responsible. Obviously she was wrong. but it feels good this time to have her want me sober as much as I do.

Also, last night i had dreams about getting drunk in the dream, I knew it was wrong.

Again, I am so glad to be sober today. I am glad it happened in November as opposed to January. I dont have to endure a bunch of rough mornings after xmas parties.

One other good thing is that most everyone knows that I tried to go sober earlier this year and so nobody will be surprised when I am not drinking. I have already been through the sober talk with everyone.

thanks for listening.

dave
Old 11-28-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

You can do this Dave
Old 11-28-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Good going on day 2. Yeah, that maybe I can drink like a normal person never worked for me either.
Old 11-29-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Let’s hope your wife doesn’t make the decision for you to drink again.
I understand that you want to be sober.
But getting sober again because your wife ‘suggested’ it may be the ‘wrong’ reason.
Doing this for you is the most important motivator.
This (getting sober) is a full time job with no retirement.
Welcome back. You can do it.
Old 11-29-2015, 07:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

L Brain, I agree with you. I am not getting sober just because my wife wanted me to. I am getting sober because I need to. I think I was sadly trying to get to a stage where my wife would want me to stop also and even more sadly, I achieved it. I get too drunk. I cannot control when I stop. I make bad decisions when I am drunk. I am stopping drinking because I need to before I something really really bad happens. Last year when I was sober, I did so much. I got in great shape. I had great success in my career. Things were going great. Then I started drinking again and august through october seemed more like the time between hangovers. The wife and I started getting short tempered with each other. I would work to create situtations where the the kids and her were asleep so I could just blast off drinking. I would occasionally get a bag of coke to keep the party rolling all night. Really pitiful seeing your kids in the morning after not having slept. I had a couple of those mornings.
Old 11-29-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Happy to be sober on day 3. Especially since i was around people drinking last night. Probably not where I should have tested myself, but I feel good for not having drank last night.
Old 11-29-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Let’s hope your wife doesn’t make the decision for you to drink again.
I understand that you want to be sober.
But getting sober again because your wife ‘suggested’ it may be the ‘wrong’ reason.
Doing this for you is the most important .
Agreed.

~Bunnez
Old 11-29-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations Dave on your decision to get sober. What a big responsibility with alot of rewards! Glad you found out that moderation in drinking doesn't work. That's the only real way to conquer this thing. Good job!