Notices

Failed after 28days pathetic

Old 11-27-2015, 03:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Failed after 28days pathetic

Well I'd stopped drinking for 28 days and then yesterday I had a glass of vino thinking I can handle it. Then tonite I go out with a friend ( who I don't know very well) and had such a boring night that I ended up drinking almost a bottle of vino to numb the boredom. Seriously three hours of listening to her problems etc... Was enough... Or is that a classic excuse to drink... Probably ... But it was such a boring night listening to her go on and on and on......
So here I am drunk well semi drunk feeling fed up
Old 11-27-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

There is no failure unless you fail to stop. Start a new day 1 tomorrow and learn from the experience. What will you do next time in a boring situation?
Old 11-27-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Maybe easier said than done!
Old 11-27-2015, 03:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

And another thing 28 days first two weeks I was a nightmare and then the following two weeks I was ill and was so depressed feel happier when drinking
Old 11-27-2015, 03:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

If you have any remaining alcohol Jennifer just pour it away deep down you don't want to be drinking & I know what that's like il never forget not wanting to drink but drinking

It doesn't have to be like Jen take a stand pour it away lesson learned

Were with you all the way & your not pathetic not by a long shot
Old 11-27-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JD

It wasn't easy 28 days ago and you did it. It won't be easy this time. But you can do it. You've proven to yourself that you can stop drinking. Now you just need a better plan in place next time you get into a situation like you're in now. Did you have an escape plan in place? When ever I'm going to be in a place where others may be drinking I like to think through the scenarios that may arise that may cause a craving and how I can extract myself from the situation.
Old 11-27-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I feel lost without alcohol sad but true I've been a nightmare for a month!
Old 11-27-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JD

Sounds like the wine talking Jennifer. Just stop the drinking now and rethink were you're at in the morning. There was a reason you stopped a month ago.
Old 11-27-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I like to be around people that drink when I'm drinking I feel comfortable I find life dull without drinking
Old 11-27-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am weak so weak, can't even remember half of the conversation from when I was out I just kept looking a the wine bottle.....
Old 11-27-2015, 04:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

This is pointless.... Sorry
Old 11-27-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

Try and get some rest Jen I'm going bed now tomorrow is a new day be sure to check in as soon as you wake up it really helps

Hopefully talk in the morning tomorrow is a new day
Old 11-27-2015, 04:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hope you're I get some good sleep. Just going to bed here, typing this on the phone!

Take care.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I'm on my 29th day and yesterday was real tough. Everyone around me was drinking and everyone was tempting me. Luckily, I already envision this was ready to turn down any alcohol as I told myself I will not drink today.

Life did seem boring to me the past few weeks. I thought I felt better when I was drinking and felt deprived from drinking but slowly I'd felt better about myself as I accomplished more being sober. You need a plan. I keep a todo list and post here regularly. Maybe AA is good for you if you need extra support.

Hope you feel better
Old 11-27-2015, 04:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jenniferjenn View Post
I like to be around people that drink when I'm drinking I feel comfortable I find life dull without drinking
I felt this way at one time, until I got sober and then after a while, life became more and more interesting, challenging, and even precious.

One thing I did when I quit drinking, and probably the most critical thing, was that I had to take drinking off the table - to completely remove the possibility or option of drinking as a way to cope.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You stumbled and fell down. Now you need to get back up. Dust yourself off and let's start not drinking again. You can do this!
Old 11-27-2015, 05:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I understand exactly where you are coming from Jenniferjen. But it does get better. There really is so many great things about being sober, sometimes it just takes awhile to realize it.
Old 11-28-2015, 01:39 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

28 Days is far from pathetic. Just start again.

You've proved to yourself you can do 28 days.
Old 11-28-2015, 03:32 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Do your best

Jennifer I agree with the last 6 posts so much the last 6 posts have inspired me just reading them makes me feel good

Congrats guys
Old 11-28-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

JenniferJenn,

Please don't look on those 28 sober days as a failure because you drank last night. Every day you don't drink is a day you don't do more damage to your health, your friendships, your relationships, your work. Every day sober is a victory.

And also, please don't feel too embarrassed by what you wrote last night, while drinking, to come back on here and look for support for a fresh start. We're not here to judge you in any way. We've all been down the same or very similar road before. That's what brought us onto this forum. We just want to help you in any way we can.

It sounds like what you need is a better plan. For me giving up alcohol wasn't about denial and suffering, it was about finding a better way to live my life without drinking. It can take time to make that transition, but I can assure you it's very, very worth it. My life is much richer, happier, and more fun now than it used to be. Look around more on these forums, read about the many, many different routes to sobriety people here have taken (in my case it was a combination of AVRT and Allen Carr's books). Find one that makes sense to you and really plan for how you're going to cope with all the situations you're going to find yourself in, without alcohol.

Today is a good day to start your sober journey again. I wish you the best of luck with that.