Getting ready for divorce

Old 11-27-2015, 12:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting ready for divorce

Well guess it will be final. AH has made it clear he wants to move on. Honestly was hoping we would work this out and move forward. Would love to say, " well call it a growing experience and stay strong, all will work out later." But pain in my chest and stomach when I think of no longer the two of us and all the memories(good and bad). I will miss him.
Old 11-27-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you find yourself in this place. I don't know much of your backstory but regardless, it does very much hurt. I know the pain and it's excruciating at times. I too felt chest pains, etc during the beginning and I was so raw-it hurt. You will be okay....and I hope your AH does choose sobriety someday. Peace to you!
Old 11-27-2015, 01:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

It's OK to miss someone. I was just thinking this morning about my second alcoholic husband, whom I left more than 15 years ago. Sad that it didn't work out, but honestly, I am so much happier and better off than if I had stayed--it would have been an ongoing nightmare. As far as I know he's still drinking.

OTOH, I spoke yesterday with my first alcoholic husband (who was sober before we got married and still is, 35 years later). I still enjoy talking to him, miss him from time to time, but we keep in touch and I think I made the right decision for both of us.

Now is the time to think about your future. It's wide open and can be whatever you make it.

Hugs,
Old 11-27-2015, 08:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your support. Feeling mentally exhausted tonight,hope everyone has. A great night
Old 11-29-2015, 10:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello. I am so sorry you are going through this pain. Remember, at least in terms of the intense pain, "this too shall pass."