Notices

My body really hates alcohol now!

Old 11-24-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My body really hates alcohol now!

I didn't notice before because I was sick for so long. About a month ago after drinking a few beers my throat was sore and then I got sick. I stopped drinking for a few days felt almost good as new and then had a three beers with a friend. My tonsils, neck, and throat were in a lot of pain, "ah my sickness came back."

I was like "what ever, going to keep drinking. I just got a virus from sitting here with people at the bar." Kept drinking and the pain from neck was beginning to spread to check bone, temple, and upper jaw. I finally stopped drinking. After five days of lots of pain, high fever, and headaches pain symptoms were gone.

I didn't drink for another ten days. After I did, neck pain, right tonsil swelled up. I said "am I going to get sick again?!" Drank vitamin c didn't drink a few days then yesterday I drank three beers. Pain in neck, check bone, temple and swelling of tonsils.

I finally figured out this almost unbearable pain is related to drinking.

Yes, I will get checked out by doctor.

Who knew things would come to this... lol crazy how a drink can cause so much pain and trouble in ones life.

My mind isn't entirely ready to quit but my body is forcing it into submission. My body is done with alcohol. I wrote this down to remind myself of this pain come the weekend when a friends bday is happening.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yup, my body revolts too. Best wishes at the doc.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

wow! Yeah, sounds like your body is more than ready. Hope all goes well at the Dr's and you get and stay well.
xx
Old 11-24-2015, 11:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I got to the point where heavy drinking made me sick like my sinuses were going crazy. Always thought I had a cold and just kept drinking as well. Then I stopped and away the symptoms went. Of course now I'm finishing up a cold from all the travel I've been doing. Those airplanes are nasty things to be on for hours and hours! Good luck with the doctor. Mine really helped me when I finally gave it up.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by GoesWithTheFlow View Post
My mind isn't entirely ready to quit but my body is forcing it into submission. My body is done with alcohol. I wrote this down to remind myself of this pain come the weekend when a friends bday is happening.
I hope you can have a conference with your mind and figure out how to convince it to be ready to quit. People drink themselves to death even when their bodies tell them to stop. I know that sounds kind of drastic, but in reality you have already drank several times knowing that there would be adverse physical consequences to it.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Sure glad you're still with us after yesterdays post. Even more reason to quit while you can. Hang in there.
Old 11-24-2015, 11:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope it goes well at the Dr's GWTF
Old 11-24-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I hope you can have a conference with your mind and figure out how to convince it to be ready to quit. People drink themselves to death even when their bodies tell them to stop. I know that sounds kind of drastic, but in reality you have already drank several times knowing that there would be adverse physical consequences to it.
You are right. But you also know the mind can be very stubborn especially when it comes to this. It's like, logical brain says "It's no good for you. Look at all the mess it has caused? " Irrational brain, "so what, I like it. Let's keep doing it." Me I just go with the flow... but maybe it should be the right flow.

We have discussions up there I swear we do; had one earlier. We are two against one at this point to stay sober.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Trudgin

I didn't notice before because I was sick for so long. About a month ago after drinking a few beers my throat was sore and then I got sick. I stopped drinking for a few days felt almost good as new and then had a three beers with a friend. My tonsils, neck, and throat were in a lot of pain, "ah my sickness came back."

I was like "what ever, going to keep drinking. I just got a virus from sitting here with people at the bar." Kept drinking and the pain from neck was beginning to spread to check bone, temple, and upper jaw. I finally stopped drinking. After five days of lots of pain, high fever, and headaches pain symptoms were gone.

I didn't drink for another ten days. After I did, neck pain, right tonsil swelled up. I said "am I going to get sick again?!" Drank vitamin c didn't drink a few days then yesterday I drank three beers. Pain in neck, check bone, temple and swelling of tonsils.

I finally figured out this almost unbearable pain is related to drinking.

Yes, I will get checked out by doctor.

Who knew things would come to this... lol crazy how a drink can cause so much pain and trouble in ones life.

Fortunate - pray that never changes!
Glad you're here with us........
Old 11-24-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I get hay fever, and one thing I discovered shortly before I quit was that I would get many of the same symptoms from beer. I'd never connected the dots before. Did some reading and turns out many forms of alcohol are full of histamines. Never would have occurred to me. One more reason I'm glad I quit.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You are right. But you also know the mind can be very stubborn especially when it comes to this. It's like, logical brain says "It's no good for you. Look at all the mess it has caused? " Irrational brain, "so what, I like it. Let's keep doing it." Me I just go with the flow... but maybe it should be the right flow.
I'd argue that in situations like this ( and almost all of us have been there before ), you need to stop listening to what your brain is telling you and accept help from the outside. For some people that quite literally means accepting a higher power to help take away even the possibility of your "illogical" brain taking you for a ride. If you make the addiction external, no internal force can keep you drinking.

Others are able to make that "leap" on their own by simply accepting that no matter what our brains tell us, drinking even one drink is never an option - EVER. I chose that path and through the great folks here on SR, my family, therapy and lots and lots of reading i've completely accepted my addiction for what it is.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
I'd argue that in situations like this ( and almost all of us have been there before ), you need to stop listening to what your brain is telling you and accept help from the outside. For some people that quite literally means accepting a higher power to help take away even the possibility of your "illogical" brain taking you for a ride. If you make the addiction external, no internal force can keep you drinking.

Others are able to make that "leap" on their own by simply accepting that no matter what our brains tell us, drinking even one drink is never an option - EVER. I chose that path and through the great folks here on SR, my family, therapy and lots and lots of reading i've completely accepted my addiction for what it is.
I much rather chose the second path also. I know I can do it! I just need more effort and these pushes from you guys and the body. They all lead to stay sober.

In all seriousness, we can now add a weird type of eye infection to me today... what the hell is my body doing!!! The area around the nose and tear duct is swelling up. I wish it were super easy just to get up and go to the doctor but that isn't the case.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wish it were super easy just to get up and go to the doctor but that isn't the case.
It's not super hard tho either.
We all did it.

Just do it man

D
Old 11-24-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
It's not super hard tho either.
We all did it.

Just do it man

D
hahaha you had me rolling on this one also man. You are right.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a good day GWTF