Scared......Nervous.....Excited

Old 11-23-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Scared......Nervous.....Excited

Hi everyone!
I've come here seeking advice.....support....basically just want to know I'm not alone! I am attending AlAnon, but have not reached out to get a sponsor yet. My AH comes home from Rehab tomorrow. He put himself there 30 days ago. I am scared to death! Prior to him going, I was ready to leave him. My life had become unmanageable! We have been together for 24 years and married for 21. That's a lot of years to throw away, but I was done! How am I supposed to feel now? How am I supposed to get excited tomorrow when I see him? Yes I love him.....yes I missed him......but I also truly enjoyed the peace! So conflicted!!
in advance for any words of encouragement!
Old 11-23-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are most definitely not alone. I was in your place in 2010 (when my AH went to rehab) but stuck around because he begged me not to leave. I left a couple of months ago...after 18 years together...because it did not change. It is hard. It is sad. I am also conflicted. I know now that I cannot go back. Only you can know what is right for you.

Sending you lots of love, strength, and peace. We're all here for you.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Love,
Welcome!! I'm gonna let the others that have more experience answer your questions. I just wanted to say Hey!
Best wishes to you!!
Old 11-23-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Try to let go of any ideas that you are supposed to behave a certain way. Now, more than ever, it is very important that you recognize, honor, and accept however you are actually feeling.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Let him know you love him, but you're going to look after your side of the street.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

you can still leave. or you can stay and take the wait and see approach.

don't MAKE yourself feel or behave in any way that is not authentic. even tho his going to rehab is a GOOD thing, that does not obligate you to keep putting your life and your happiness on hold, you've done that for 24 long years.

it should soon be apparent just how serious and committed he is to his sobriety and to making lasting changes.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your words of encouragement. I have also been reminded to Let Go and Let God! That is a tough one for me but I'm working on it! I leave in an hour to go get him.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My best advice is to look out for HALT situations and remind yourself 100 times a day however crazy he acts, it is not about you.

H- Hungry
A- Angry
L- Lonely
T- Tired

Peace!