Notices

Planning Success

Old 11-21-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Planning Success

Day 16 and I am trucking right along in the efforts to achieve overall success. The first few days of my sobriety hubby didn't know how to insult me and drive me down so he had no choice but to just let things pan out how they are. I believe yesterday he finally felt comfortable to start the break down process on me because I went to give him a kiss and he told me he wouldn't kiss me because he didn't know where my lips have been. Then later we had a simple argument that could have been handled in a diplomatic manner but he resorted to calling me a little stupid a** girl. All my positive feelings about my new job and a good week went down the drain. He also insulted me about my physical appearance during the argument and when he saw by the look in my face that I am not accepting name calling anymore, he simply said, "I just said that in defense." I felt bad for a few minutes but then a joy came over me. I am joyful that there was a time when I thought that name calling was acceptable but now...now that I am working on loving me....it's not happening. I had nothing to say back as I don't do name calling, but I have a plan, and sobriety is going to help me keep that plan.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Only we can define ourselves, not others negativity - good for you on believing in YOU!! Keep it up!
Old 11-21-2015, 08:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

CurlyGirl, I am glad you have a plan in progress because no one should live with abuse and your husband is being abusive.

I hope you continue to feel inner strength to know that you are on the right path and his words don't have to reach you.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
CurlyGirl, I am glad you have a plan in progress because no one should live with abuse and your husband is being abusive.

I hope you continue to feel inner strength to know that you are on the right path and his words don't have to reach you.
This Curlygirl