Notices

Hello! Newcomer....So, here we go!

Old 11-18-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello! Newcomer....So, here we go!

Alright, where to start? Hi there!

I am officially twelve days in to my choice for sobriety. I've been forcing some drastic changes over the past two weeks. A few things I've noticed so far...
My skin is clearing! I have never, ever in my life experienced issues with my skin and over the past few years of heavy intake I became insecure, I was breaking out terribly on both sides of my face.
My emotions are out of control. Thankfully, I have a well based history in meditation or I could see myself crying over the tiniest stressors of my daily life. (Full time student, full time employee...)
At first, I had serious insomnia, which I have dealt with most of my life - but never the night sweats. Those are finally gone! I have had some healthy, fulfilling sleeps the past few nights and wake up relatively enthused to start my day. (Relatively due to the obnoxious nature of my alarm clock....)
More energy, and more cravings for health foods! Which I adore, because before my few year bender I used to love to exercise. Avid runner, yogi, and weight lifter. I would spend hours in the gym. I hope to achieve that centering once more as my bond with sobriety increases.

A little about my history:
I started partying hard in my mid-teenage years. By the time I was actually 21, I'd already been well-known around town by most of the bars. Not for anything outrageous, but because I hung out with an older group of friends and, well, no one ever carded me. Well, as time went on it was a rapid downward spiral into cocaine. A few too many sleepless nights and I rapidly decided to move a bit farther away from the glitz and glamour of the heart of downtown. It worked! I soon casually lost all my dealer's names, people couldn't just show up at my house because no one knew where I lived.... It allowed me to press reset. Well, I kicked the coke habit. Then whiskey. I've always loved whiskey but never realized how much I truly adored it until I found myself able to drink bottles to myself at a time. I now realize it was no more than a crutch. I've ruined many relationships because of my consumption and watched many of my "friends" (in quotations because they are no more than party buds) end up in rehab, dead, or found with a needle in their arm.

Okay, I'm over the heavy stuff now. You know a little about me, so I hope to feel welcome with open arms and will be likely to post periodically about how I'm doing. The full time student/employee dynamic makes it difficult for me to find time for actual meetings, but I do tend to have time for a few minutes typing in between homework chapters.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Welcome to SR, onetimeless!
Lots of support and information here and that's a nice start with 12 days already!
Old 11-18-2015, 07:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, onetimeless, and congratulations on 12 days of sobriety.

You have arrived at a great place for understanding, support and encouragement; glad you found us.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome and congrats on saving yourself!
Old 11-18-2015, 07:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome! You are in the right place for support.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Old 11-18-2015, 07:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome! I'm new but I can tell ya this is the right place for support
Old 11-18-2015, 08:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard onetimeless - there's a great community here
Feel free to check out our Class of Novemeber support thread (same goes for anyone else reading )

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-11.html

D
Old 11-19-2015, 03:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Onetimeless
Old 11-19-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!