Notices

one more day

Old 09-09-2004, 10:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

one more day

Well lets see!!!
another day and im still clean,,,
but to tell it like it realy is, it sucks, im feeling like i want to just beat the hell out of someone or maybe just cry,,,,that may sound a bit odd comeing from a 210lbs man, but thats the real deal....
i feel like i longer i go clean the more the folks around me want me to get high... no kiddin, my wife thinks im nuts, ( maybe so ) kids think im a dick ( ok ) my buddys think im haveing a mid life thing,,, i am i want to see whats out there ,without the pot in my head
i feel more out of control then ever......
Old 09-09-2004, 11:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's no more wierd for a man to cry than it is for a woman. If you feel like crying do it. For a lot of people it's part of the healing process. As for beating someone up....I heard someone on here say that a punching bag is a great way to get that out.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Castaway

Kenman,
I've got my padded helmet on today. I'm ready. Just go ahead and beat away.
Old 09-09-2004, 11:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks

Thanks
but your to nice, and im all bark anyway.......
Old 09-09-2004, 06:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

im feeling like i want to just beat the hell out of someone or maybe just cry,,,,
Hey Kenman--what you are experiencing is completely normal and totally expected. Welcome to the rollercoaster ride that is recovery!!!! Thing is, though, it gets better. Much, much better. The peaks and valleys will become more even and eventually you will realize that life is great, most of the time. Good luck to you and keep hanging in there....

Hugs--
Old 09-09-2004, 06:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Kenman,
hang in there. it does get better. some days are worse that others, but just remember that this too shall pass. if you feel like crying, let it out. the puching bag may be a good idea to get some of the frustration out. just for today, you don't have to use, though. i'm proud of you. keep up the good work. prayers are coming you way.

sherry
Old 09-09-2004, 11:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

hang in there, stay strong, Kenman. no one ever gets it when you first start into sobriety...how can they really? it takes everyone time to adjust to what you are doing with your life. some people may never get it. only time will tell. it is your life and you know what is best for you. hugs-alice
Old 09-10-2004, 11:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Lisa

I highly reccommend crying. I've been sober for a looong time now (ok, just since wensday...but it feels like a long time!), and spent most of the first two days crying over everything. Not the drugs or anything, but when the dog peed on the floor and when I burned toast...the really important stuff in life...lol. It actually helped. Try locking your door and watching a good sappy movie. This may just be a chick remedy, but it helped me a lot without having to actually confront my issues. I'm not sure if this is the method the doctor would recommend, but it worked wonders for me. Best of luck, Lisa