Not Here

Old 11-16-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not Here

After an exhausting week of dealing with AH trying to taper and detox he finally agreed to rehab and left this morning.

I just feel so relieved. Yeah because he's safe and getting help now but honestly - because he's NOT HERE for me to have to deal with.

I let the kids stay home from school today. They were also exhausted and had a very upsetting night last night. We played a few games, puttered around cleaning up their rooms, went for a walk and ordered takeout. I changed the sheets on my bed (very yucky - I hadn't slept there in more than a week) and have been cleaning up the house which has been neglected quite a bit lately. It feels good to clear some clutter and grime.

I made the bare minimum phone calls to cover a few things and have chosen to avoid the world today. Looking forward to an early night in my nice smelling sheets.

I know that many things haven't hit me yet and while I ran a few thoughts through my head I tried to focus just on letting the 3 of us unwind and rest today. The rest I'll tackle as it comes. And first thing is those Alanon meetings - it makes me a better everything.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am glad you had a restful day, slowclimb. How are you doing today?

Mike
Old 11-17-2015, 09:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Slow,
We all need a me day every once in a while! I myself am doing the same today! Hope it was a nice relaxing one for you!!( and the kids ). Keep breathing....it's all good!
Old 11-17-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DesertEyes View Post
I am glad you had a restful day, slowclimb. How are you doing today?

Mike
Thanks. I'm ok...feeling a little lost. I went to bed last night thinking that I was going to tackle the world today but not so much. My motivation to do things is up but no desire to deal with people or leave my house. So I'm cleaning my house and ok with that for now.