Notices

Patience and tolerance With my being newcomer to site

Old 11-15-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
The hoop you have to jump through is a lot wider than you think!

Patience and tolerance With my being newcomer to site

It's been a pretty big smash in the head that there are two kinds of people on here those that are in the program and those that are not. I'm not here to judge anybody. I also think it's good to stand up for things you feel are important. People that are not in the program I would love it if you would introduce yourself to me and tell me how you do it because I'm up for learning anything new at any time.

My problem in the beginning of coming on board here is that the people not in the program almost ran me off. I didn't need to say that I could tell a difference between those of you that are in and those of you that are out of the program the program of attraction rather than promotion. With that being said I will no longer discuss the program. I will only discuss the principles in my experience strength and hope. If it happens to be something that I learned in the program as long as I don't say steps and program and AA thing you will never know that it came from the program unless you're in the program. AA is a we program

I will finish by saying if the shoe fits wear it I'll stick to the steps and the program within the threads labeled As such.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Alcoholism-12 Step Support - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

~12 step stuff here~
Old 11-15-2015, 11:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

12step, if I may, I don't think anyone here is against you speaking about AA or what worked for you. The more we share, the more we learn and you certainly may open the door for someone on the fence about AA.
I think how we got off on the wrong foot here was your approach in sharing that. it caught some people off guard. Generally people sign on and post a little background and kind of take a moment or two to test the waters. It is not a rule of course, but just seems to be how things work. A few of your very first posts insinuated that you outright disagree with other methods (which is fine, and your right) and continued to post in a way that seemed to "push an agenda"
We have many members here who have 20, 25, 30+ years of sobriety. Many of them have found that through the fellowship of AA and working the steps. Many others have found lasting sobriety other ways. We are here to celebrate that together no matter what the road. There are sub forums that are specific to certain recovery methods and you may find yourself more comfortable there. Here in the newcomers section all approaches are welcome and supported.

Congratulations on YOUR sobriety, it is an amazing accomplishment. I am sure you have many words of wisdom to share and we look forward to having you as a part of the community.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am very glad that you are here, Step12. You have much to offer us.

There are many people here for whom AA has been their way to sobriety and continued recovery.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

welp, we are supposed to share our experience of how the program helped us in/through situations even at meetings.
and we should be helping anyone anywhere.
not just in aa and not just alcoholics.

ya know, sayin i can tell who is and isnt in aa is the same as me sayin i can tell who is and isnt working the steps- false pride and pumpin my ego.
we're all humans and make mistakes.
and we have solutions for it.

theres people here who dont believe in aa. we can still carry the message of hope to em and help em.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

12 step, I think it may be that you come across as a little self-righteous is all. Some peopke got sober just by using this forum. Others were hypnotized by aliens. Doesnt matter really what program you use on here. Though the alien program is pretty awesome I hear.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Rarely, rarely do I involve myself in "internet drama" but looking at all the members of the board reaching out for help tonight I couldn't hold back from posting.
Step12, as previously mentioned, your input and opinions are welcome. Attacking others is not. How about pulling up your sleeves and getting down to the business of helping other alcoholics in need. I see a lot of posts popping up left and right tonight. Good folks, alcoholics/addicts like you and me, reaching out for help.
Bickering and defending yourself on one of the many threads you have started is doing nothing but distracting the community from our real purpose here- helping fellow alcoholics and addicts in need.
You are welcome and encouraged to share your AA experience. Just please concentrate on helping or asking for help, that is what this forum is for.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Let's all worry about our own sobriety unless we are giving good advice, that's a good idea.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
The hoop you have to jump through is a lot wider than you think!

OK I appreciate all the input
Old 11-15-2015, 12:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

We are all one family and for that reason this policy is in place: Debates over Recovery Methods are not allowed on the Newcomer's Forum. Posts that violate this rule will be removed without notice. (Support and experience only please.)
Old 11-15-2015, 12:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Many posts have been removed from this thread and it is being closed.

Please follow our Mandate:

The Newcomers Forum is a safe and welcoming place for newcomers. Respect is essential. Debates over Recovery Methods are not allowed on the Newcomer's Forum. Posts that violate this rule will be removed without notice. (Support and experience only please.)