Notices

worried

Old 11-15-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

worried

Hello, I'm not sure if I'm even in the right spot?? I'm trying to get off opiates and any help would be so greatly appreciated. ..
Old 11-15-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are in the right spot as far as websites go. This is the newcomer section though where I think you introduce yourself. I am currently getting sober as well. Not from opiates though, but from the booze! I hope you find the help you need.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome! I got off opiates a year and a half ago, and got off my sub a little over a year ago. I am so glad I did! Hang in there through the rough part. It is so worth it, I promise!!
Old 11-15-2015, 09:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm just such an emotional wreck I feel like I'm so alone
Old 11-15-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your not alone no more we are here
Old 11-15-2015, 10:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I always suffered through my withdrawals alone because I thought I couldn't tell anybody what was going on. You're not alone- you have us! My emotions were really out of whack for awhile, but it levels off. I wondered if I was too far gone to ever be "normal" again, but with some time and complete abstinence, I really did get my life back! I know you're about to go through hell, but it will pass, and it is so much better on the other side!
Old 11-15-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm just sitting in my bathroom crying... God I hate myself right now!! Thank u so much for the support.. I just want my life back!!
Old 11-15-2015, 10:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Liberty,

Welcome to the forum, you will find much wisdom, experience and support here. Don't beat yourself up too badly -- you are starting down the right path just by admitting there is a problem.

For something local and face to face try this:

NA Meetings in Tacoma Washington - NA Meetings near me in Washington - 29 NA meetings in Tacoma. The folks at these meetings will be able to recommend the best local sources of help for you -- they have all been there. Note: when a meeting is listed as "closed to the public" or just "closed" that means that the only people that ARE welcome ARE addicts seeking to be clean.

Take care of your daughter.

Keep coming back,

Jim
Old 11-15-2015, 10:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Liberty, Welcome and we do understand how hard this is.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm so nervous and scared about going to work tomorrow and getting sick from withdrawal. I can't lose my job I have to support my family.... dammit I hate this person in the mirror! !!
Old 11-15-2015, 10:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I was the same way. I was a single mom feeling a lot of guilt, and I didn't tell my family or my employer because they thought I already quit a long time ago. So much shame and guilt I had. Don't be too hard on yourself. Focus on getting better, and early on, only do the things that have to be done then rest. If it really gets bad, ask your family for help. They will still love you, and they really just want a healthy, happy you. One thing that helped me was telling myself I could choose for that to be the last time I ever had to feel like that again. My heart goes out to you because I know exactly how you feel. Sending you a big hug!!
Old 11-15-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank u so much just reading your posts gives me hope and that's something I haven't had in a long time. I just want to be normal again and not have this demon chasing me around anymore
Old 11-15-2015, 11:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
~sb

You're making an awesome decision! You can do this!!
Old 11-15-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Liberty and welcome. Congratulations on recognizing your problem and making the decision to change.
I don't have any experience with opiates, but do understand addiction as do the rest of the members here.
I understand you have a great responsibility to support your family which entails getting to work. But if things start to get rough please get yourself to the ER or your doctor. In fact, making an appointment with your doctor is a good idea in general. They will probably be able to advise you on vitamins, diet, medication, what have you, to help.
If you are feeling steady enough to make it through today and get to work tomorrow why not use today to prepare for that. Get plenty of rest, hydrate hydrate hydrate, eat healthy, balanced meals and take your vitamins. Go to bed early tonight. If you have a bathtub try taking a hot bath to sweat it out some, drink a relaxing herbal tea before bed and keep the room cool with plenty of blankets on hand to stay warm. Studies show that people get better sleep in a cooler room under heavier, warm blankets.
Liberty, I understand the crying in the bathroom, the feelings of worthlessness. How many times I have been there before, god, so many times. The fabulous news is that you never have to go through this again if you stay sober. It won't be easy, but neither is being a self-loathing user. Life does get better. So many people here can attest to that.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:56 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Liberty!!