Notices

I am in trouble

Old 11-13-2015, 01:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am in trouble

I am just so nervous now. My boss wants to have a meeting with me on monday. I am drinking tonight by the way. My contract us ending this year., I work at a team that deals with people that have addctions so I am total fraud. I have been calling in sick sometimes. I dont think my boss know that i have troble with alcohol. I only drink at weekends. I am sometimes a bit hungover on mondays though. I might not have a job on monday. I think he will fire me. Game over.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Roselian
I hope you get to keep your job.

Have you considered that maybe it's time to do something about your drinking tho, no matter what happens on Monday?

D
Old 11-13-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is my call out to you. Do you need me? Do you want to stop? You are you. Begin anew, my friend.
Old 11-13-2015, 01:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Roselian, I'm sorry about your anxiety over this. Keep in mind that nothing has happened yet. Also remember, drinking will only compound your feelings and anxiety over the weekend.

Maybe try staying sober this weekend would help your situation. I know for a fact, that drinking will definitely not help how you at all.

Lean on us, and think about stopping now.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry about job situation drinking as you know only makes things worse

Can you pour out any remaining alcohol its in your best interest to do so if you want any chance of saving your job its best to stay sober as of now make yourself a glass of water & just drink water tonight while you lean on us

Your going to need a plan to stay sober & follow a recovery programme there's choice there is AA & there is secular based Smart recovery the choice is yours

Stick close to SR and let us help you

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ful-links.html
Old 11-13-2015, 02:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that you're in this situation. Do you want to stop drinking? I hope you are prepared to do the work and make the changes you need to. I hope things go well on Monday, but whether or not you keep your job, I hope that you make the decision to stop drinking.
Old 11-13-2015, 02:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by Roselian View Post
I am just so nervous now. My boss wants to have a meeting with me on monday. I am drinking tonight by the way. My contract us ending this year., I work at a team that deals with people that have addctions so I am total fraud. I have been calling in sick sometimes. I dont think my boss know that i have troble with alcohol. I only drink at weekends. I am sometimes a bit hungover on mondays though. I might not have a job on monday. I think he will fire me. Game over.
My experience is that many people in the addiction field are there for a reason - they are people like us! Maybe it's time to be honest with yourself and seek the help you seem to be yearning for. Probably not going to be a huge shock to others. I found when I quit most people where like - well that's not surprising, good for you.

When consequences get bad enough they can lead into the window of opportunity to change. Think about taking advantage of the chance....... it will only get more difficult over the years and may lead to a worse outcome than getting your contract cut a little short.

Not drinking this weekend is a really, really good suggestion!
Glad you're here - thanks for posting
Old 11-13-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi roselian, I know exactly what you are going through. In fact, I am a veteran of the dreaded private meeting with the boss at several jobs over the last decade. All related to my slipping job performance which unbeknownst to them was directly related to alcoholism.

I used every excuse in the book to explain myself. Never mentioning alcohol abuse of course. I even went so far as saying I had diabetes.

A job is just a job. There will be other jobs. Worry about yourself first. Get help for your alcoholism
Old 11-13-2015, 11:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wastinglife hits it right on the head. Your poor performance and absenteeism is a direct result of your drinking. Since you work with addicts you know full well the impact addiction has. I hope your job is safe but no matter what you need to make a change.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

If the contract is up for renewal then of course your boss will need a meeting with you. Either to extend the contract or terminate it. Remember, he has no way of knowing if you intend to stay or go - so these things need to be discussed. Please try not to get carried away with projection and fear. I'm fairly certain you're no more a mind-reader than I am - and I know that in the past when I'd tie myself in knots with conversations in my head, and playing and replaying scenarios from the past or the future rather than working on my acceptance (of the past as it is; and the parts of the future that are beyond my control) it just extended the stress of the situation needlessly.

The part of things that you DO have the ability to change is your drinking. What are your plans for this? Is it something you intend to resolve, or is this a short-term resolution as a kind of barter with life for getting your contract extended that you'll forget about come Monday. (Sorry if this sounds harsh - but this is the kind of conversation / bargaining with life I'd have / do in my own head on a regular basis before I really conceded to the fact that I alcohol made my life unmanageable and was detrimental to my physical and spiritual welfare; happiness; and relationships, and realised that I needed to change. If I am wrong, I apologise for even suggesting it.)