Notices

Just got back from "the visit"

Old 11-12-2015, 04:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just got back from "the visit"

Well, i did it. I went down and visited my mother the day before yesterday and stayed 1 night. It was a good visit in my opinion and my husband was a good sport.

She is much more feeble and hunched over and she was nothing like that the last time i saw her. Still a feisty little brat tho. Curses like a sailor lol! She's a strong woman in many ways.

We stayed with her and hubby took the couch and i stayed in the room where my step dad was. It was like he was never there. Sometimes you can feel the presence of where someone was. Not so with him. He is completely gone.

Bless his heart, he didn't suffer for a long time and his son was in the room with him when he passed. I don't think it has really sunk in yet with my mom or me.

It's late afternoon and I'm in bed. I just need to escape for awhile and this is how i do it. I feel guilty. Oh well.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds as though the visit went pretty well, peanut. I am sure that your mother felt by your presence during this difficult time.

Your Mom, likely, is still in denial. The next year or so could be an emotional roller coaster for her (and you).

We are here for you.

Sleep well.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Peanut, I'm glad things went well for you. I'm sure you're relieved to be home again and I don't think you should feel guilty for taking some alone time to let things settle in your mind. Again, I'm sorry for your loss, and my experience with grief is that you should not be surprised by your feelings in the next while and you will likely go through the stages of grief.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm sorry for what your family is going through, Peanut. But it sounds like you're handling it as well as one can.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best