Notices

Day 4

Old 11-12-2015, 04:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4

Am I fooling myself? I feel pretty good. I haven't slopped again, I know a lot of that is your support. After the Mani Pedi I got a makeover, actually liked my reflection in the mirror for the first time in a long time. Puffiness around the eyes is going down. Drinking water so my skin will probably look better soon. In the interim, new make up to fake it. Dawned on me the calories from A. Are these too superficial? I'm not usually vain, but it is helping. I feel better, too. Still a little cranky but without the vertigo and shakiness.

I finally feel like i can face an hiur, maybe even a day, not just the next 5 minutes. So, why do I feel a little guilty that it isn't harder?
Old 11-12-2015, 04:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're doing so well. The vanity portion of stopping drink is a good motivator. Alone its not enough to stay stopped but it does help me to remember how I look when drinking. And the older you get, the faster alcohol tears you down, and the slower you recover.....at least that's been my experience.

No don't feel guilty. Feel grateful. If you continue it will get harder, that's for sure.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

I've found the first days the easiest. That can be dangerous though. After a few weeks of sobriety I start to feel pretty good about life. My mind will then start to play tricks on me. Maybe I'm not like the rest and I don't really have a problem? Maybe I can moderate? All these thoughts are pretty typical. Don't let them fester. Look back at what you're drinking pattern was. That's the way, and worse, it'll end up if you try to moderate. Everyone one of us has had those thoughts and everyone of us have ended right back to where we started.

Keep up the good work and start planning on how you'll address the thoughts of drinking again.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you , a little dose of reality is a good thing. Tells me to stay on my toes
Old 11-12-2015, 05:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, stay on your toes.

Don't let your AV fool you. It's just waiting for you to feel comfortable to strike. Be vigilant!!!!
Old 11-12-2015, 02:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Raeven

I think most peoples experience is there's always little bumpy bits in early recovery. Some people have then sooner than others, others later...

As long as you're prepared for them and have a good support network, you'll be fine.

why not just be glad it's been an ok ride so far?

d
Old 11-12-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

^^^^^
Old 11-12-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations on four days, Raeven; glad to hear that you are doing well.