Notices

Please someone talk to me...I'm suffering

Old 11-11-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Please someone talk to me...I'm suffering

I'm on my 2nd month of withdrawing from Klonopin 0.5 mg and I feel like a complete mess right now. I know I should have tapered off of it first but I hated the drug and I didn't like what it was doing to me. Today is so hard to get through the day. Feel like a complete mess, I don't even feel like even getting out of my bed or doing anything. Didn't think that I would be suffering that much but I was wrong. Right now I almost feel like giving up hope, I'm in so much pain right now and I feel like crawling into a dark hole and dying. Can't even talk to my parents about it cause if I do they'll send me to a psych ward and have me locked up. They don't believe me when I told them that I'm withdrawing from the drug that my doctor gave me to me.

I've abused drugs in the past but I took this once a day and I took it again if I had an anxiety attack which wasn't much. Feel like I can't eat anything, cause anytime I eat anything it'll just go right through my body. I've already lost a little bit of weight already and I don't want to lose anymore. I seriously need to eat but everything seems to go right through me, I hate diarrhea right now. I'd call 911 and get sent to the ER but they'll try to tell me that I need to tamper off this medication but I don't want to do that at all. I've already been off of this drug for about a month and this will be the 11th day. I belong to another Forum of people who are withdrawing from the same drug as me but I made a post and nobody is responding to it. In my honest opinion, I believe they think I'm a drama queen and over reacting about things but I can't help the way I feel and the way I'm suffering right now. I want all of this to stop right now and go back to the way I used to be. Right now I feel so unhappy and I hate my life but yet I have the most wonderful boyfriend in the world and he loves me so much but right now I'm in so much pain and I feel like I won't be able to make it this much. Especially if everything I eat goes right through me and I won't be able to eat anything. I need some relief. I used to take Imodium but that made me constipated and that just made me feel even worse, I felt bloated and felt like I could only eat very very little. There has to be something else for me to take. I need someone to talk too right now, I need someone to tell me that I'll be okay. Please someone, anyone, message me or answer this thread. I feel so alone right now and I'm truly suffering right now. I wish I could rewind back time and tell myself never to take this nasty drug that my doctor prescribed to me but that's something I can't do. I feel like someone pushed me into hell, that's truly what I feel like right now.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hello Rose...sorry you are feeling so bad. Are you saying that you haven't spoken with your doctor since quitting the Klonpin? As much as you may not want to that's really what you need to do first and foremost.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your not alone and youl always have the support of SR congrats on day 11 post away it's going to be ok

Have you booked a Dr apt recently ?
Old 11-11-2015, 01:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Rose,

Welcome and I'm sorry you're going through such a difficult time. I think the best thing to do is to talk to your dr as soon as possible and get his/her advice on how to get through this.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Blue, there is life after benzos. And you're not alone struggling to come off of Klonopin.

It's a vile drug for many of us.

I survived a cold-turkey detox from a ten-year run on benzos, at one time prescribed 30 milligrams of Klonopin. I was prescribed 20 milligrams when I came off without tapering.

I'm fine now. For a year, it was touch and go, but time is the only cure for benzo detox.

Have you talked to the doctor that prescribed the .05 milligrams of Klonopin? Many doctors are becoming better versed in benzo detoxification.

If you've been reading a lot about benzo withdrawal, you probably know that some practitioners switch users to valium and do a slow taper from it rather than Klonopin.

I won't go into my horror story of withdrawal, other than to state I was on a mega dose for many, many years, and ended up in the hospital for 10 days. I hardly think that is in the cards for someone coming off a half milligrams.

It really is best to consult a doctor.

But there is life after benzo withdrawal. It just takes time for the brain to rewire. It can suck for weeks, and for worst cases a few months.

Welcome to SR. It was my lifeline in recover when I first got sober five years ago.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Try calling the doctor's office and letting them know what's going on. A lot of times you don't even need to make an appointment or go into the office. I would follow their recommendations. You said you didn't want to taper off? I'm not familiar with the drug you're taking, but if you're quitting something like that abruptly it sounds like you're going through the typical side effects. You said you didn't like the drug, but perhaps tapering off is better than what you're going through now? Drama queens always welcome
Old 11-11-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

A direct response to your question of what can you do? Rest. Drink fluids. Perhaps try OTC meds for the diarrhea. Treat it like the flu. Tuck in, read or watch movies to distract yourself, and know it gets better with time. Period. Full stop.

Do call the prescribing doctor and explain your discomfort. Ask your doctor or another doctor versed in benzo detox what you can do. Don't latch onto the horror stories found online and know your experience will be as unique as you are.

Don't rely on forum advice when a doctor's advice is best.

Do know that your prescribing doctor might be dismissive and be prepared to do some research for a doctor who knows the ramifications of cold-turkey detox from benzos.

And take comfort in knowing that most people weather this storm without much pain. Recognize that you'll probably only find the worst-case scenarios online.

And give it time.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've been 1 month and 11 days off of this drug. I don't want to taper off of this drug, I don't want to put this drug back into my system again. It did nothing but do horrible things to my body and I told my doctor about it and he advised me to stop taking it. I had no idea that I would withdrawal the way that I did. Today I started crying cause of the diarrhea and how it wouldn't stop, I'm planning on going over to the store to buy something for it pretty soon. This drug has been nothing but a nightmare.

It caused me to urinate a lot and made me feel like I had a UTI or a bladder infection, it turned out instead that I had a yeast infection and I never had one in my whole entire life. On the other forum that I belong too, it turns out other people suffer with yeast infection while tapering off of Klonopin/Benzo's. This is something that I don't want to do. I'll be suffering for many months if I taper off of it and I only used it for about a month. One person on the Forum healed after three months and he took it about the same time that I did. I stopped taking it on October 2nd and I never plan on ever putting it into my body ever again, even if I have to taper off of it I refuse to do so. I rather just withdrawal and lay in bed until I'm completely healed from it. I know I sound crazy but that's what I want, I don't want to taper off of this drug. I strictly refuse too, maybe I'm crazy but that's how I am. I rather just ride this out until it's completely done with me.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

we'l be with you all the way
Old 11-11-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
we'l be with you all the way
Thank you. I'm glad. At least here I can actually get some support. On the other Forum anytime I made a thread when I had a new symptom or anything my thread got completely ignored by everyone. I wrote how I had diarrhea and what I should take for it and I got no replies and I wrote that a few hours ago. Feel like I don't belong on that other Forum and it's strictly a Forum for people who are withdrawing from Klonopin and Beno's and other anxiety/panic attack medication that have nasty withdrawal side effects. Maybe I should stick to this Forum and not use that one anymore cause nobody ever seems to help me on there anymore.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You say that a doctor prescribed this drug for you. May I ask whether this was your primary caregiver or a doctor whom you had never met before? I do hope it was your primary and if it was then you should go back to him or her and be as truthful as you can. If you do this I think this would help you very much and you'll be O.K. If you have been purchasing this medication from doctors who are unfamiliar to you and who prescribe in quantity then that is another issue. Such doctors often do not have your best interests at heart.

W.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi blue
Aw I'm sorry you're hurting so much. Benzo addiction is really rough and the only way to safely detox is to taper from the drug itself. You said you've been off for 11 days ? You're probably well through the worst but why continue to risk your safety? I would suggest looking into detox facilities in your area.....they can take you in and safely monitor your taper. How's the time to ask for help. Ok?

Just read that you've been off for almost six weeks. Still think the safest thing to do is see your dr.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wpainterw View Post
You say that a doctor prescribed this drug for you. May I ask whether this was your primary caregiver or a doctor whom you had never met before? I do hope it was your primary and if it was then you should go back to him or her and be as truthful as you can. If you do this I think this would help you very much and you'll be O.K. If you have been purchasing this medication from doctors who are unfamiliar to you and who prescribe in quantity then that is another issue. Such doctors often do not have your best interests at heart.

W.
My psychiatrist prescribed them to me. I never abused them, but once I noticed that they were making me feel really good and how I loved the feeling, I knew that this was a bad sign and I stopped taking it immediately. I haven't been purchasing this medication from doctors or anything. Gave the medication right back to my mother and told her that I didn't want it anymore. When I told my psychiatrist about my symptoms that I was having during withdrawal he tried to tell me that my boyfriend gave me Chlamydia and he got tested and it came back negative. Everything that I'm feeling is from the drug itself. I go back to him in December and I know he'll want me to start tapering off of the drug but I don't want too. I've already made it this far and I don't want to stop. I only took it from September until October 2nd. So far I've made it through the worse of it, right now so far I'm on the 2nd month of withdrawing from it. October was horrible, now it's November and things are starting to get a little better but I still suffer from a few things. I make sure I drink plenty of water, I take something for my headaches, I have a heating pad in case my back ever hurts and I just bought something in case my stomach gets upset based on what I eat. Things used to be a lot worse.

Hi blue
Aw I'm sorry you're hurting so much. Benzo addiction is really rough and the only way to safely detox is to taper from the drug itself. You said you've been off for 11 days ? You're probably well through the worst but why continue to risk your safety? I would suggest looking into detox facilities in your area.....they can take you in and safely monitor your taper. How's the time to ask for help. Ok?

Just read that you've been off for almost six weeks. Still think the safest thing to do is see your dr.
Yeah I wish I wasn't hurting either. I know Benzo addiction is tough, to clear it up I wasn't addicted to Klonopin but I was close to becoming addicted to them. I simply came on here cause I used to be addicted to Narcotics and there's times since I'm withdrawing off of Klonopin that I come close to wanting to go out and looking for pain medication so I don't have to deal with the pain that I'm feeling but I'm trying to suck it up the best I can. That's why I'm here cause this withdrawal is breaking me down and wanting me to abuse pain medication again. The drug I used to be addicted to was Roxycodone, I used to smoke it.... and I hated the way I used to be and I don't want to go back to the way I used to be but this withdrawal is so unbearable. My boyfriend is what's pulling me through though and I made a promise to him that I wouldn't go back to Roxycodone. My parents are totally unaware of what's going on with me. I have to fake it and act like I'm fine. If I mention the Klonopin withdrawal they told me they would send me to the psych ward and have me locked up for awhile cause they think this withdrawal is all in my head. I'll tell my doctor about it but he'll probably just assume that I'm lying, look at me like I'm weird or tell me that I'm suffering from some other type of disease or get me to taper off of them. I don't want to taper off of these drugs, I know if I do something horrible will happen in the end. I don't trust myself at this point. That's why I brought the pills back to my mother cause I knew I would just abuse them in the end. You may think I'm crazy but I rather just suffer through this than put that pill into my body again and have a risk where I'll want to abuse them. I don't fully trust myself anymore. I'm at a low point in my life right now and I rather just take of myself until I get through this. My other option is finding a place where I can go too until it's out of my system but they'll probably only keep me there for 15 days or something but I need it until I feel better again. I know there's addiction recovery places but they'll want me to admit that I was abusing the drugs, but I simply wasn't. Doing Klonopin though makes me want to abuse drugs again and that's why I don't want to touch Klonopin or any other drugs for that matter cause I'm not in the right frame of mind right now. That's why I came back on here, cause I need help.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I feel for you. Benzos are no joke. I have no idea why doctors give them to people without watching them very closely and giving them an exit strategy. As someone who's been prescribed this medication for sleep, I am fairly certain if you see your doctor, they will not put you back on it to taper at this point. You can always get a second opinion if they want to write you another prescription and find someone to actually help you with your symptoms.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bodymindheart View Post
I feel for you. Benzos are no joke. I have no idea why doctors give them to people without watching them very closely and giving them an exit strategy. As someone who's been prescribed this medication for sleep, I am fairly certain if you see your doctor, they will not put you back on it to taper at this point. You can always get a second opinion if they want to write you another prescription and find someone to actually help you with your symptoms.
If I don't start to feel better after this month, I think I may check myself in somewhere so I can recover off of this drug. My boyfriend already knows that it might be something that I want to do and he told me that he would wait for me but if he doesn't wait for me at least I'll be healed and better when I get out of treatment. I just hope that I'll be a little bit better after this month and if I'm not I don't think I can deal another whole month with nothing but torture. I only took this drug from September until October 2nd. Took it for 32 days, I mean how much longer do I have to suffer you know? I keep wondering to myself how long will it take for my brain to go back to normal again. I hope it won't be that much longer cause I hate suffering like this.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hang in there.... It's hard but you can do this...✌��️����
Old 11-11-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Blue
I have been through the benzo withdrawals. I had no choice but to taper off. Even tapering was very difficult. I hope that you will be open to a taper schedule- I understand what it's like to want to be off entirely and just have it out of your life but unfortunately sometimes our brain chemistry just does not feel the same way. I also understand what you mean about being perceived as a drama queen. People often cannot understand what it is like to come off this class of drugs and how immensely frightening it can be.

Tapering is really the way to do it safely.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:44 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

We're all here to help blueweepingrose - you're not alone

D
Old 11-11-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I know everyone is telling me to taper off of them but this isn't an option for me. I've already been off of them since October 2nd and I've been through the worst already. I don't want to go through another horrible withdrawal again. I know stopping cold turkey isn't a good idea but I only took them for 32 days. It's not like I took them for a few months or years or anything like that. Like I keep saying... you may think I'm completely crazy but I rather just ride this out and if things get too bad I'll go some place where I can be monitored and taken care of until I'm healed again.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Rose. I took Klonopin for almost 10 years. I was up to about 4mgs a day (and scarily I was also drinking). I detoxed under a doctor's care, and it wasn't a long taper. I was off the med completely within a month.

I too read about benzo withdrawals on other forums, and to be honest, it freaked me out. Talking to a doctor is likely to be much more helpful because reading medical info on the internet can be extremely anxiety producing (which is the last thing you need if you are still feeling like you are withdrawing).

I tend to think I already know the answer before I go to a doctor, and I have often been pleasantly surprised to find out that there is a solution to a problem I felt was horrible. I get that you don't want to start again to taper, but there are other options, I know, I was put on something else at a very low dose for a month.

We are all different, as you can see from this thread alone. I was on a significant dosage for almost a decade and detoxed fairly rapidly without major trauma. Other people have a much different experience. But each of us is dealing with very different variables, age, weight, other physical issues, etc. for any of us to be able to tell someone how to manage detox.

I really hope you do consider being monitored. Perhaps the fact that I knew someone else had the wheel made the process easier for me. You aren't alone, we understand.