Notices

Creating new rituals

Old 11-11-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Creating new rituals

Yesterday I wrote about missing the ritual of a glass of wine to relax, ignoring the fact that it would become the full bottle (waste of good wine if you don't take time to savor it). I got lots of great suggestions and now have cranberry juice and sprite in the fridge, no saying I can't put it in crystal.

More than that, I figured out what I was spending on A a week, and...(sorry guys, you won't get it) had a mani/pedi and brow wax. First time in years, It felt SOOOOOO good! During the massage I was thinking "this is so much better than falling on my face and wondering if I will be bruised in the morning because I'm too numb to guess, or worse.

I know it is too soon to say I've turned a corner but I'm learning something important. The money I wasted on A can be used for positive self indulgence.

TY all for suggestions and encouragement!!!
Old 11-11-2015, 12:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Good for you Raeven. We often think those indulgences are too expensive until we realize how much we were spending on booze.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Creating new rituals is a hugely-important aspect of recovery and learning to live a rich, rewarding sober life.

Well done.

Old 11-11-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good stuff Raeven
Old 11-11-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Yup, I make it a practice not to feel guilty about small indulgences that show I care for myself. A haircut, a mani-pedi, a new piece of jewelry--those are all nice little ways of reminding yourself that you're WORTH it.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ive stocked upnon the same in my fridge, actually tastes nicer than wine!!!! Im going to treat myself next payday with a massage, why not, definitely better than 2 bottles of wine!!!!