Notices

Day 2 Check In

Old 11-10-2015, 07:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2 Check In

Just wanted to check in this morning. I didn't sleep too well last night. Lots of tossing and turning, too hot then too cold, one linear dream that seemed to last all night long and would just pick up where I left off once I fell back asleep.

I'm tired, but I woke up and fed my kids breakfast, did their hair, brushed their teeth, and got them to school ten minutes before the bell rang without a hangover. So that was nice.

I was craving something last night before bed. Not wine, but I was thirsty for something other than water. I didn't want to drink a soda or coffee at ten o'clock at night, but water just didn't do it. What might I try?

Thanks
Old 11-10-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Hey BelJar. Congrats on making it through the night. I've gotten into flavored sparkling water as my go to.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well it depends, Belljar. Hot or cold? Fruity? Creamy? Icy?
Old 11-10-2015, 09:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

ice cream will help
Old 11-10-2015, 10:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Bell:

I'm glad you posted checking in. I've been thinking about your threads. First of all great job making the first step happen!!! You are doing it!!!

I wanted to tell you that from what I have read I would suggest that you relax a bit and start taking things one day at a time. You talk about all the drama of the adoption, the bio mom, your children's problems when you got them and now, etc... I feel that you are being stuck in the past and that's not letting you move forward. I would also recommend that you take off your counselor hat and just be. You are analyzing your children's behavior way too much and I feel that you are reading way into it. For example, you said that you were nervous about having to help your daughter with her homework because of this or that... You were already projecting how it was going to go. Everyday is a clean slate. Don't forget.

Don't feel discouraged. Your kids are still really young And you are trying your best. Give yourself some credit! The best thing you can do is quit drinking. I can tell you from experience that it has brought A LOT to my life and the ability to be the mother I want to be. Don't be so hard on yourself. You spoke of perfectionism. Perfection is boring!!!

I'm happy that you found this place. It has created a big change for me and I hope it can help you how it has help me.

Keep us posted and rely on us. Have you read about "a plan" or AVRT?

That has really helped me.
Old 11-10-2015, 10:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BellJar7 View Post

I was craving something last night before bed. Not wine, but I was thirsty for something other than water. I didn't want to drink a soda or coffee at ten o'clock at night, but water just didn't do it. What might I try?

Thanks
I drank a ton of low fat chocolate protein drinks. These are full of protein, vitamins, and minerals. They also filled me up and really curbed my urges. Also, it is completely different than any other drink I would typically mix my vodka with, such as sparkling fruit juices and sodas. I'm sure Vitamin Water, Gatorade, or other sports drinks would also be good. I was dehydrated with the stomach flu on one occasion and I swear Vitamin Water saved my life.
Old 11-11-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

how'd you sleep BellJar?
Old 11-11-2015, 05:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Way to go BellJar! Keep up the great work.