Notices

I'm back!

Old 11-09-2015, 05:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm back!

I never really left, I've been lurking a little.

My repeated attempts to quit drinking keep failing.

I am finally dragging myself to my first AA meeting tonight or tomorrow morning when I get out of work. I've been able to go a day or two but in the 2nd or third day every time I find myself, almost against my will in a weird way, walking into a store and buying a beer or two. I've not been drinking more than 4-6 at a time, but it is still frustrating.

Part of my revised recovery plan is to stick with this site more and engage all of you fine people.

Another part is my continued reading and re-reading of books on recovery. Mostly memoirs. I have been filing through the books page here and have a list that should get me through the end of the year.

I'll keep you up to date, but here's to another Day 1. I won't drink TODAY. And tomorrow I'll wake up and try it all over again. I've done 29 and 33 days in the last 6 months, I need to draw on that experience and keep it going. I'll try to post at least something every day!
Old 11-09-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good to see you posting again, Beeraholic. Sometimes it takes us a while to really get started. You sound ready. I hope the meeting goes well - let us know.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
learning to live

Hi beeraholic

Stay close. We understand. You can do this! We all can together!!

Xo
Old 11-09-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Beeraholic; sorry that you have been struggling.

We understand how difficult this is and are here for you.

Let us know how the meeting goes.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Beeraholic View Post
I never really left, I've been lurking a little. My repeated attempts to quit drinking keep failing. I am finally dragging myself to my first AA meeting tonight or tomorrow morning when I get out of work. I've been able to go a day or two but in the 2nd or third day every time I find myself, almost against my will in a weird way, walking into a store and buying a beer or two. I've not been drinking more than 4-6 at a time, but it is still frustrating. Part of my revised recovery plan is to stick with this site more and engage all of you fine people. Another part is my continued reading and re-reading of books on recovery. Mostly memoirs. I have been filing through the books page here and have a list that should get me through the end of the year. I'll keep you up to date, but here's to another Day 1. I won't drink TODAY. And tomorrow I'll wake up and try it all over again. I've done 29 and 33 days in the last 6 months, I need to draw on that experience and keep it going. I'll try to post at least something every day!
I just wanted to say I completely relate to your struggle! I could have written it myself. It's nice to know I'm not alone. We can do this!
Old 11-09-2015, 07:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hope to hear from you after the meeting, beeraholic. Follow through, you can do it.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

You got this. Let us know how things are going.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've been trying for 6 months too.......I get some great spans of time and boom.......I don't what attempt this is but I keep trying. Not sleeping was a trigger I fixed that. Not eating is a trigger......I sometimes force myself to eat. People that upset me are triggers......I got rid of them. Worrying is a trigger......I try to be more responsible. Stress is a trigger......I try not to procrastinate. I'll eventually conquer this and so will you.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Regular posting will really help so will journalling so will reading remember reach out no matter what were here

Good luck
Old 11-10-2015, 01:06 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Beeraholic View Post
I never really left, I've been lurking a little.

My repeated attempts to quit drinking keep failing.

I am finally dragging myself to my first AA meeting tonight or tomorrow morning when I get out of work. I've been able to go a day or two but in the 2nd or third day every time I find myself, almost against my will in a weird way, walking into a store and buying a beer or two. I've not been drinking more than 4-6 at a time, but it is still frustrating.

Part of my revised recovery plan is to stick with this site more and engage all of you fine people.

Another part is my continued reading and re-reading of books on recovery. Mostly memoirs. I have been filing through the books page here and have a list that should get me through the end of the year.

I'll keep you up to date, but here's to another Day 1. I won't drink TODAY. And tomorrow I'll wake up and try it all over again. I've done 29 and 33 days in the last 6 months, I need to draw on that experience and keep it going. I'll try to post at least something every day!
I have read lots of memoirs if u need any suggestions?
Old 11-10-2015, 02:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Keep posting, Beeraholic & Debbie. Life is life, triggers are just triggers. How we choose to react to them is up to us. Take the option to drink off the table completely. No matter the trigger.
Old 11-10-2015, 03:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

For the first year I went to a meeting almost everyday and I didn't drink in between meetings
Old 11-10-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It took me a few attempts to really get some tread going in my sobriety. Don't give up no matter what!
Old 11-10-2015, 11:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome back Beeraholic!!
Old 11-10-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
learning to live

....hey there!

just wondering how the meeting went, beeraholic

stay strong!!!!