Notices

Survived a stressful weekend

Old 11-09-2015, 11:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Survived a stressful weekend

Why was my weekend stressful? I really don't know. I was just in a bad, bad mood, especially by Sunday. I was with friends who were drinking Friday night, but I just played DD and had a good time. Saturday and Sunday were fairly productive, but my mood just kept getting worse and worse until I nearly cried at the mall after a rude encounter with a sale person.

Geez, what's wrong with me? I'm about two weeks sober and in general feeling pretty good about myself, but sometimes I get these moods... they are hard to shake. I hate myself when I get that way because I never know how to calm myself down except to go to sleep and wake up feeling better. That only works when I don't have anything else that needs to get done for the day AND it is at least into the evening, not the late morning or early afternoon like my bad mood hit over the weekend

Anyway, I didn't drink, and I felt good about that. I managed to be productive, even if I gave up on productivity by the end of the afternoon on Sunday and just watched TV (I did manage to sneak a shower in there also!). Tonight I'm going to go to a yoga class and hopefully center myself a bit. Hopefully the week only gets better and that next weekend is better than this one was.
Old 11-09-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Early recovery is an emotional roller coaster, for sure. It will take a little while to level off, but it will if you remain sober and grounded in your recovery.
Old 11-09-2015, 12:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Exactly what Carl just said
Old 11-09-2015, 12:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So the mood swings are typical? Every time I try to dry out, I feel proud of myself and feel really productive (even if I'm exhausted) for a day or two, and then the vast mood swings hit and I'm a monster. I'm argumentative, snappy, rude, inconsiderate, impatient, and just irritable. I just wondered if that's normal....