Sister love

Old 11-08-2015, 05:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sister love

Hi I have been going through this awful disease for 20+ I've seen every stage of it and only now have I decided to cut all ties with my sister who has the addiction to alcohol I can't remember the last time I saw my sister we must of been small she is now 47 and I'm 45 as I write she is battling to stay alive back in hospital I've lost count the times she has been admitted . I can't bring myself to go through the emotional turmoil of will she live or die again so I'm here hoping I gain advice and support for me yes for me for once I will appreciate any support and knowing I'm not alone 😊
Old 11-08-2015, 06:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Pray for her and let God take care of her.

God has never turned away an addict who asks for his help.

Hugs my friend, as we all understand on this forum .
Old 11-08-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When I say I can't remember the last time I saw my sister is because I've been seeing the alcoholic and I've been told until they want the help there is nothing in my power I can do to change anything so instead of all this heartache upset abuse I've put up with I really want to live for me now as much as it hurts to let go.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I believe totally in God's power so yes I agree he will decide what's best for my sister x
Old 11-08-2015, 06:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Its ok to step away from an addict. I left my addict after 34 years together. I always felt I could save him. I couldn't. I had to get out of his way before I drowned trying to save him in the raging river.

You did nothing wrong. Have you ever gone to an alanon meeting? Something face to face. They to understand the pain that we are all dealing with, loving an addict. Keep reading, posting and hitting meetings. Your life will eventually calm down enough to breath.

Hugs my friend you have come to the right place!!
Old 11-08-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I was married to an abusive alcoholic, tho he described it as being a 'problem drinker' for 21 yrs. I decided to get out of his way. It's ok to choose to help yourself before it destroys you too. We divorced in 2002 and he died this past spring. He may have slowed it a bit but his exit was so much earlier than it should have been. Letting go is difficult but you may be allowing her to realize that she needs to make changes if she wishes to have her loved ones in her life. I am very sorry that you are going through this. Pray for strength, it will be given to you Hugs, Joie
Old 11-08-2015, 10:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome, 14071970! Certainly, there's lots of support, understanding, and kindness shared here at SR.

Sending prayers for comfort and peace for you and your sister.
Old 11-08-2015, 11:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thankyou I feel better knowing I have someone to share my heartache with. I have been involved for so long with my sister (alcoholic) I feel a massive part of me is missing you don't realise until you stop how much the addiction controls you as well as the addict. By no means did I enable my sister I always tried to be a good role model hoping she would want to choose a better life for herself x My parents are still struggling with the emotional and physical strain of loving a daughter with addiction they have taken on my sister's son he has lived with them since he was 7 years old due to emotional abuse from his mother he I now 13 years. There is no way my husband will allow any of this upset enter our family unit. We have 2 sons of our own .Not only have I lost my sister to addiction but also my parents it so tough at times knowing things could be so different .
Old 11-10-2015, 04:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Please help got the phone call 2am this morning my sister's health was deteriorating and it was a matter of hours we were told her heart liver and lungs were showing signs of failing. My sister was heavily sedated on morphine and oxygen. Every minute seems like an hour, has anyone been through this end stage I keep thinking she will pull through !!!
Old 11-10-2015, 10:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Praying for you, your parents, and her son. My cousin passed away due to the same thing. The morphine helped her go in a peaceful way. I know she is in a better place, free from her addiction. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I hope you are ok. I have just posted a thread myself about my sister. My thoughts are with you. It's so difficult to deal with how you feel. I expect this call that you received any day now about my sister. Take care of yourself and your family x
Old 11-13-2015, 02:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My sister took her last breath yesterday. Her son and I were by her side during the dying process we put on her favourite songs we felt a sense of calm and peace around us the disease had finally gone and Vicki my sister Josh's mum was set free so sad this was the only way she could beat the addiction Goodnight and God bless a new beginning has begun xxx
Old 11-13-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I am so sorry to hear that you lost your sister. I have been there with family also. I will keep you and your entire family in my prayers!
Old 11-14-2015, 06:07 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am so sorry that you have lost your sister. May God's blessings hold you during this terrible time. When I lost my ABF, people would say that he's not in pain anymore. No more fighting the beast. It was hard, cause I just missed him. Each of those words stuck with me, they may have been what saved me from a sadness that swallowed my life. Thank you for sharing your story and your pain. Each post helps others. We are here for you. Hugs, Joie
Old 11-14-2015, 07:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

14071970:

I am sorry for your loss and that of your family. I pray for strength and comfort for all of you. Hold your nephew close. Bless your family for caring for him.

No more suffering. May she rest in peace.