Notices

No Party Here, Let's Go!!

Old 11-06-2015, 09:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No Party Here, Let's Go!!

My sis just came over with her usual filled up cup (they usually call her and I the "cup sisters") and is surprised to see me wide eyed with no loud blasting music on tonight. I'm posting on SR and she asks me "What are you doing? It's Friday night! I thought I'd see you jumping on the couch, blasting music, you know...drinking?" I just said "Nah, not tonight." She sat for a moment but then told me she was going to check on her daughter but didn't come back. LOL That's what usually happens when I quit, they all abandon me. I hope the isolation doesn't get to me, that's what usually makes me fail and start the drinking again, just to be part of the group. I'll have to stick close to SR during these first new days, well even after than that.
Old 11-06-2015, 09:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Do they have any things in your area in the evenings not alcohol related? Like book readings or paint classes, comedy shows and so forth so you can be less reliant on those you would normally have around and branch out some?

Here we have an evening painting place where $20 gets a canvas and all needed supplies and people of all skill levels where everyone goes in and sits at a table with others painting and just...well paints...and the staff is all local art students so they can offer tips and show different techniques and we also have an evening amateur theater where people can go in and the first so many that sign up get five minutes for anything from a comedy routine to poetry readings, etc. those near you it can help get you
Old 11-06-2015, 09:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If you have anything like that, or even a coffee shop or bookstore it can help get you out and around new people in case the normal ones are more interested in their cups than their company
Old 11-06-2015, 09:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Probably so, I'll have to look into it once I start on my job next week and get back on my feet.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hang in there CG we will not abandon you & your not alone we are here