Update...

Old 11-06-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update...

So who wants an update?!

Jimmy is sober and has been since beginning of October. We hit our breaking point. He his n me mine. I don't advocate physical abuse on either side but I do advocate the use of self defence. With that said, he had his block knocked off because he swung at me twice n he got drilled n nearly bitten by our oldest boxer Mummy. I told him he did not want to do that n he said, Yes I do. All of this after I tried coming home after walking away from him n leaving to get a break from the circus.

I ended up leaving that night n spending the night at my brother's house. I came home the next day to a very sore husband. I asked him if he was done? He said yes. He said his ear hurt so bad (I gave him a love tap because of an existing head injury n I'm scared that he'd hit his head and I did not want to hurt him!!!) One hit was not enough for this guy, he came back for a second which he promptly received as he fell on the ground n I slapped him telling him I was done playing his games n putting up with his BS! Mummy was right there beside me with her hackles up waiting for him to get up. I told him this is not going to keep going on. It was dark, n I was dropping the F Bomb. I had had it with him drinking himself into a Billy Badass n ruining our lives.

Since that day, he's enrolled himself into Drug n Alcohol n stopped drinking and admitted that he can not control the drinking. Yes been going to D n A 2times a week and he's like being with that guy he wanted me to fall in love with nearly 6 years ago.

He is still the same with the TBI and short term memory loss but he looks amazing. I feel great n I'm happy! He's happy! Our granddaughter is happy! (Baby was Leary of him when drinking n he didn't believe it was the alcohol. She knew he wasn't himself n she did not trust him.) I'm happy to say that she is so happy her Pappy is back. She loves him n he loves her!

I just want to say that alcoholism doesn't have to be. You can live a good life as an alcoholic in recovery. That person affected with this disease just has to want to be healthy and happy and accept their life and be secure with who they are. I know what it's like to wake up n wonder if today would be the day he'd die?! If today would be the day I said Eff you I'm out?! If I'd just look at him n be ok?! One thing I did know was that every day I woke up, I never gave up on myself. I came first because he didn't care. So take care of you! That's my advice to all of you. Don't think about tomorrow, next week or next year. I don't even do that! I was just asked if I thought Jim n I would make it?! I said, I don't know. Hes an alcoholic. I don't know what tomorrow, next week or next year will bring as an addict or alcoholic must live day by day. We live one day at a time.

He just bought me this today.

If you guys want to ask me anything I haven't touched on since the last thread which wasn't a good update, I'd be happy to fill in any blanks. You guys have been great. I know I'd of been lost without you so many times.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

It's good to hear from you again, Rotz. I've thought about you several times. I'm sorry things got to the point they did, but hopefully, he's had enough of being stupid. The ring is gorgeous. That center stone could leave quite a dent in his forehead.

Don't be such a stranger! (((Hugs)))
Old 11-06-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was thinking the same thing!

I think of you guys often! I've been busy hunting as you know, it's that time of year. I harvested a stud of a buck a few weeks ago. If you want to see him, PM me.
Old 11-07-2015, 03:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Rotz
I saw you reply to someone else's post last night and wondered how you were doing...last past I saw of yours, your guy was not feeling too hot. Thanks for the update!
And yes, I thought the same when I saw the pic of your ring! Lol.
Old 11-07-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

He feels so much better since getting off the booze. He looks better. He smells better. He even acknowledges that the vodka has caused a lot of his symptoms of just not feeling well. He would have never done that in denial. I think, as long as he knows that he can not control the outcome of his actions once he starts n keeps that front n center, we can live a good n happy life together. We have not fought one time since he's put the bottle down. The alcohol is the enemy in our marriage. Without it, we are a very strong unit. But once it rears its ugly head, you can just forget about us. We are no bodies living together. The tension so thick, it's like sleeping in a possessed house of demons.

For right now, in our life and mine, I'm going to take a deep breath and enjoy this time I have with him and our little family we have built together with our dogs and especially our granddaughter.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Box, as always I'm glad to hear from you
and especially a positive update like this.

My spouse and his alcohol use are our "main issue" too,
especially as it's triggering my own alcohol issues

I know I have to face this sooner or later. . .

I agree with enjoy the moment. Really, it's all we can count on, isn't it?
Old 11-07-2015, 07:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

A nice update post to read on this early Saturday morning
MB
Old 11-07-2015, 08:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Enjoy it when you can hawkeye. And you drinking will not fix anything. It will not make you feel better. Say this to yourself... just for today, I will not drink. Deal with tomorrow when it gets here.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey, Boxin, so good to hear from you! I am glad that Jim has had some sense shaken into him, one way or the other, and you have my heartfelt good wishes that he continues on the path of recovery.

ShootingStar1
Old 11-07-2015, 10:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Just a couple of days ago I was wondering how you were doing. I think it was because deer season started here this weekend.

Sounds like you both hit your rock bottom at the same time. Very similar to my situation. Stay true to yourself! You are a very strong person. Will it be easy? No, but a lot less hard without the drinking. Lol.

Old 11-07-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you! Glad he his back on the sober train!
Old 11-09-2015, 10:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm just glad you are an @$&-kicker.

Happy theres a sober update - and happy for your bounty this hunting season! So far, all I got are fish!