Notices

3 day hangover

Old 11-06-2015, 01:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 day hangover

I know it's coming. I've been on about a week long binge and had my last drink this morning. Trying to be okay for work on Monday. Why do I do this to myself. And I suppose it's not even a hangover, I guess it's withdrawals. The shaking has just started. Exhausted but know I will not be able to sleep for another day or two.

I really need to stop.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hand in Hand, Let's do this!

I went through the exact same thing, believe me. A party last Friday the 30th started me on a binge that lasted until yesterday afternoon. Haven't been able to sleep from Saturday night until last night. I was shaky through the daytime yesterday but I missed my long lost friend...SLEEP. We will get through this!
Old 11-06-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Yukyuk.

The good news is that this can be your last hangover or withdrawal.

Is there anyone with you to monitor your withdrawal?
Old 11-06-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys.

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Welcome to SR, Yukyuk.

The good news is that this can be your last hangover or withdrawal.

Is there anyone with you to monitor your withdrawal?

No but I've been doing this a lot lately. Will binge for days then take a few days off to "recover." I've burned up all my sick days already because of this too.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Yukyuk View Post
I know it's coming. I've been on about a week long binge and had my last drink this morning. Trying to be okay for work on Monday. Why do I do this to myself. And I suppose it's not even a hangover, I guess it's withdrawals. The shaking has just started. Exhausted but know I will not be able to sleep for another day or two.

I really need to stop.
The good news is you can stop, and life is so much easier than that exhausting roller coaster.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Adventurer

I went through the same pattern many times over the years, getting really used to the same routine a few times a month. I wasted so many days and weekends sick with withdrawals just to do it again a week later. The last time I wound up in the ER, don't remember too much due to the fact I was blacked out. I decided right there I had had enough.

With a plan and support you can do it. I had to make some hard changes in my life as well, some people had to go, I had to do my best to protect my recovery. My heath was a spiraling disaster and I didn't even realize it, I was a complete mess.

You can make the change I did. It hasn't been a year yet and I already feel like a new person who spent the past 15 years in foggy dream state awoken. Go to the Dr. safely detox and begin the new chapter.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Have a look around the Forum, Yukyuk, giving special attention to the Stickies at the top of each forum; lots of good information in them on alcoholism and recovery.

Be sure and seek medical attention if your withdrawal is unusual or of concern.

Glad you found SR.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks guys.

No but I've been doing this a lot lately. Will binge for days then take a few days off to "recover." I've burned up all my sick days already because of this too.
Be careful with that - each withdrawal after a binge gets more dangerous. Google "kindling" and read up on it.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Whats your history with alcohol?

What are your triggers? Why do you drink to excess or binge drink? How do you feel when you dont drink for a few days, and is that feeling better than being hungover?

Personally I use to think that everything was a trigger for me. Good day; drink. Bad day; drink. Stress; drink. Happy; drink. Busy; drink. Bored; drink. But now I realize that I was my own trigger. I chose a little while back to conduct myself differently, get sober, and do more productive things with my time.

You can do the same, if you want to. No one is stopping you, but you. Its a tough but its a worthwile trip.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I barely remembered to pay my rent too. Slipped it in last night (we have til the 5th)

I'm really worried I'm going to screw up my job situation. Sorry, kind of rambling. I'm glad I signed up.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I've done this for years but only recently did I start getting the withdrawal. Too weird, basically when I hit 30.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

U can do this, lots of us here to help & support. Do u live by urself or with family?? How much do u drink, is it usually daily, what is ir poison???
Im glad u've found this forum, tons of useful info on all aspects of addiction & recovery & so far.....ive not seen any judgmental comments!
Old 11-06-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Yukyuk!!

Sounds like alcohol is doing you no favours so it might be time to draw a permanent line under your drinking and move on to a new happier chapter in your life, don't let alcohol cause anymore misery.

You can do this!!
Old 11-06-2015, 02:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Be careful with that - each withdrawal after a binge gets more dangerous. Google "kindling" and read up on it.
Thank you! I often thought my binge drinking was less severe than my sisters everyday drinking but was far mistaken with that idea!
Old 11-06-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Here's a good link, Yukyuk:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html
Old 11-06-2015, 02:02 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Adventurer

I've done this for years but only recently did I start getting the withdrawal. Too weird, basically when I hit 30.
I am 35 I completely understand what you mean and trust me it only gets worse. I apparently tried to prove this wrong by continuing to drink and believe me I won nothing but misery.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:04 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by loulou1981 View Post
U can do this, lots of us here to help & support. Do u live by urself or with family?? How much do u drink, is it usually daily, what is ir poison???
Im glad u've found this forum, tons of useful info on all aspects of addiction & recovery & so far.....ive not seen any judgmental comments!
I have a roommate that keeps to himself pretty much. Isn't really home often. I only drink beer btw. I don't even like hard alcohol. I drink cheap crap like bud ice tall cans. It's ridiculous. I can drink like 7 of them before I pass out. And then do it over again. I pretty much avoid everyone now. All my friends do adult things now like have kids and get married but I do this crap. I'm a mess lol.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Adventurer

I have a roommate that keeps to himself pretty much. Isn't really home often. I only drink beer btw. I don't even like hard alcohol. I drink cheap crap like bud ice tall cans. It's ridiculous. I can drink like 7 of them before I pass out. And then do it over again. I pretty much avoid everyone now. All my friends do adult things now like have kids and get married but I do this crap. I'm a mess lol.
Booze is booze be it hard liquor or beer, it will ruin your body just the same if consumed to excess.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:08 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sva777 View Post
Booze is booze be it hard liquor or beer, it will ruin your body just the same if consumed to excess.
I agree. Just kind of weird I only drink beer. I don't even like wine. How the hell am I stuck on this crap beer?
Old 11-06-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Do your best

I got sober at 31 I'm 33 now & almost 28 months