On The Pity Pot

Old 09-08-2004, 01:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

On The Pity Pot

Okay here goes. I am in a financial mess. We filed bankrupcy a few months ago. All seemed to be going well then school happened (extra expenses for little ones). Now I seem to be struggling just like I was a year ago. My sober A is trying to find a job but it is not happening at the moment. I feel like I need to get a second job but do not want to kill his pride. I am tired after I get off from my first job but would be willing to make the sacrafice just so I get to end one of the jobs after he gets one. To make matters worse our supervisor did approve our time (he was not at work to approve it) and our checks will be less than usual. That is scary...I'm in desperate need of my money. I have accepted that is not something I can change. I am really TRYING to just let go and let GOD. I know there is nothing I can do right now to change the way things are and I do not want to worry constantly. It is killing me. I feel so tire and sick to my stomach worrying about money all the time. Any suggestions? Anyone survived this rough road...if so how?
Old 09-08-2004, 02:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Heartbroke, I feel like I stay on this rough road. My AH had a great job but he was laid off two years ago. Everytime I think I am digging us out of "the hole" something else happens to put us back in. I have found that if I can let go of the worry and LET GOD things generally work themselves out. It sure it hard to do though.
Hugs
Kat
Old 09-08-2004, 04:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

heartbroke, I am so sorry you have to go through this. Years ago I was in a similar situation. My ex-husband left (I was anxious for him to leave) and left me with a lot of credit card debt plus a truck payment. At the time I lived in a house my mom owned so I didn't have to pay rent or a mortgage. I went to Consumer Credit Counseling. They cut up my cards and it took me 3 years to pay them off. It was one of the best things I did. Do you qualify for any type of state assistance? Call all the agencies you can find. When looking for help for my dad I found that a lot of agencies are not aware of programs offered by others so it may take a lot of calling but may be worth it. If you have any stuff laying around the house try selling it on Ebay. My heart goes out to you and I wish you luck.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Just do the best you can, be grateful for a roof over your head and food on your table, and let God take care of the rest.

I find that when I do my part and give the rest to God, He always sees to it that my needs are met. My wants just have to wait for another day sometimes.

Sending prayers and hugs
Ann
Old 09-08-2004, 04:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann
Just do the best you can, be grateful for a roof over your head and food on your table, and let God take care of the rest.

I find that when I do my part and give the rest to God, He always sees to it that my needs are met. My wants just have to wait for another day sometimes.

Sending prayers and hugs
Ann
'nuff said.