Notices

Pleasant Valley Wednesday

Old 09-08-2004, 12:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ben's Papa

Pleasant Valley Wednesday

After moping around all morning my daughter made me listen to the Monkee's Greatest Hits(I gave it to her for her birthday).She and my son sat with me while I reminisced and by the time it was done I felt so much better!They don't know
about my addiction(just that I've been laid off for two weeks) but they sure brought me up from a dark place today!I am so grateful for my family and for the people on this forum.I know I will have to fight this battle everyday.Probably for the rest of my life!But in the midst of so much love how can I give up!
DAY TEN!
Old 09-08-2004, 02:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

Originally Posted by Richie
But in the midst of so much love how can I give up!
That put a lump in my throat man. It reminded me of the morning when I left for rehab. My six year old daughter held back her tears, so as to not upset her old man... I'll never forget that moment.
Thanks for sharing that Richie, and reminding me of one of the reasons I want to live a sober life.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Wow Richie!! You're right, we have a lot to live for! Sober is the way to go. Congrats on your 10 days!!

Hugs,
Missy
Old 09-08-2004, 05:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

Originally Posted by Richie
After moping around all morning my daughter made me listen to the Monkee's Greatest Hits(I gave it to her for her birthday).She and my son sat with me while I reminisced and by the time it was done I felt so much better!They don't know
about my addiction(just that I've been laid off for two weeks) but they sure brought me up from a dark place today!I am so grateful for my family and for the people on this forum.I know I will have to fight this battle everyday.Probably for the rest of my life!But in the midst of so much love how can I give up!
DAY TEN!
RICHIE,THANKS.I FEEL THE SAME.I STRUGGLE BUT WOULN'T QUIT.
STAY STRONG....ted
Old 09-08-2004, 05:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Wow Dan, It's been a while since I've peeked in your window. What a pleasant surprise...to see it again. Your avatar that is.