Healing from triggers

Old 11-03-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Healing from triggers

Dear friends
I just wanted to share some thoughts, mainly to help solidify them in my own mind. I am starting to learn what it really means to trust in my Higher Power, who I call God.

Last Spring I moved back to my hometown, near my separated mate. I am starting to see that God's plan in this was to help me quit romanticizing how our relationship had been, and begin to see things in a more realistic light. I have only see him a few times since March. One of those visits was positive. The others ones were pretty ugly.

I am currently in a job that seems to trigger anxiety. I have been applying to another position. Just today I realized that God is probably going to keep my in this job at least until it no longer triggers me.

As long as I was away and in a comfortable job, I see that I could only grow to a point, and had gotten stuck. Now I am facing how my relationship really turned out, and how my mate really is. I am in a job that is teaching me total and utter reliance on God.

Thanks for reading. Your thoughts are welcome.
Old 11-03-2015, 03:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

this post reminds me of my favorite saying _ There are no Problems, Only Resistance to the Solutions.

you took situations that many would tag as a PROBLEM (and a reason to pout or drink or whatever) and have turned them into paths to greater experience, greater strength and greater hope. Truly SEEING what you SEE and truly KNOWING what you know.

what a gift. thanks for sharing this today.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is awesome. I do believe God has His reasons for everything and trusting that is key-I didn't for the majority of my life. To be able to look around and SEE clearly and grow, what a huge blessing. Thank you for sharing this today....I needed to hear it!!
Old 11-03-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

E-
I agree with what you and what everyone is saying. I truly found God when I finally gave up trying to control everything in my life, that was not mine to control. Peace (or should I say God) came over me to do the right things.

Never in my life have I respected his strength and embraced it. I thank him for my strength to divorce, to buy a home, a new bed and pillows.(the smallest of things) I am truly blessed. Not saying I don't feel sad, but truly blessed with his presence in my life. I could never have done what I did with out him next to me.

I get it and you get it!! Its Awesome, isn't it!!!