Very sad news

Old 09-08-2004, 11:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Very sad news

I was at a conference to do with my work yesterday and having a great time catching up with people I hadn't seen in ages etc. etc. and then my boss rushes up to me and gives me the biggest shock.....a colleague and friend had died suddenly over the weekend.

He was 35 and an alcoholic. Here was a highly intelligent, creative, flamboyant and lovable individual who could have made much of his life. For someone with his talents to drink homself to death at such a young age is such an utter worthless waste of life. It scared the pants off me. I thought of G (my partner). I love him. He's an alcoholic and he may well end up dead before his time. I was totally freaked out yesterday. I had to come home before the end of the day.

Four of us from work will be attending this person's funeral in a few hours. His parents will be there and they will be understandably devastated. Today will be a very sad day. I am all mixed up. I told my partner and he was very quiet for a while and then changed the subject. I hate this addiction.
Sandra
Old 09-08-2004, 11:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

We all hate this addiction bookworm and how it hurts so many, not only those of us who are the inflicted one. It is truely a sad thing. Thanks for sharing your concerns. Be extra good to yourself today.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

(((Sandra)))
My sorrow for the loss, and my prayers are with you. This is an awful disease and we can only pray that those who are taken by it are in a better place. Hugs, Magic