Notices

You don't have to!!!

Old 11-02-2015, 04:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

You don't have to!!!

Guess what!!!???

I have great news for you....

Even though you haven't died of addiction or alcoholism yet, you don't have to!

Maybe you haven't gotten a DUI. You don't have to!!

Perhaps you've yet to get in a terrible physical fight with anyone in a blind drunken rage. Well, you don't have to!

Maybe you've come to consciousness ten or a hundred or a couple thousand times wondering what you've done, said, where you've been. Maybe you never, ever, ever, ever want to feel this terrible shame and nauseating kill-me-now awfulness again. Guess what? Don't have to!

Maybe you kinda think "well geeze... I'm not really all THAT bad!!! I'm not homeless, didn't lose it all, haven't been to prison, killed anyone, stolen anything, ruined anyone's life, don't have cirrhosis, am not desperately trying to get sober enough to get on the donor list for a new liver before I die of this thing..... never OD'd, never tried to kill myself, never scalded my child in a super hot bath, never left her in a car to die in the hot sun while I drank 'just a quick one' in a bar.....

You don't have to.

Maybe you're miserable right this moment, reading these words after having fallen once again to the evil peril of your own addiction, whatever its flavor and - as you steep in your secret self-loathing maybe you're wishing beyond wishes that somehow, by some miracle, you don't have to do this anymore. Ever.

And.... you don't have to.

Today. Right now. Right this very second even as you read the words hovering through the ether on that screen before you, delivered from me to you in ones and zeros.... through the incredible miracle that allows ME to speak directly to YOU right this very heart-beating moment... Can you feel that? Can you feel it inside? That is a miracle. It's the miracle all around, the miracle within, the miracle of the Truth.

You don't have to.

You can follow another path, and never feel that way again. You can open up your heart and let that miracle guide you. You can take another road and go with another voice.

But, I mean.... you don't HAVE to.

Happy Monday.

Old 11-02-2015, 05:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great reminder for a Monday morning. Thanks, Owl.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks FreeOwl.
Old 11-02-2015, 05:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great post, thanks!
Old 11-02-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by FreeOwl View Post
Guess what!!!???

I have great news for you....

Even though you haven't died of addiction or alcoholism yet, you don't have to!

Maybe you haven't gotten a DUI. You don't have to!!

Perhaps you've yet to get in a terrible physical fight with anyone in a blind drunken rage. Well, you don't have to!

Maybe you've come to consciousness ten or a hundred or a couple thousand times wondering what you've done, said, where you've been. Maybe you never, ever, ever, ever want to feel this terrible shame and nauseating kill-me-now awfulness again. Guess what? Don't have to!

Maybe you kinda think "well geeze... I'm not really all THAT bad!!! I'm not homeless, didn't lose it all, haven't been to prison, killed anyone, stolen anything, ruined anyone's life, don't have cirrhosis, am not desperately trying to get sober enough to get on the donor list for a new liver before I die of this thing..... never OD'd, never tried to kill myself, never scalded my child in a super hot bath, never left her in a car to die in the hot sun while I drank 'just a quick one' in a bar.....

You don't have to.

Maybe you're miserable right this moment, reading these words after having fallen once again to the evil peril of your own addiction, whatever its flavor and - as you steep in your secret self-loathing maybe you're wishing beyond wishes that somehow, by some miracle, you don't have to do this anymore. Ever.

And.... you don't have to.

Today. Right now. Right this very second even as you read the words hovering through the ether on that screen before you, delivered from me to you in ones and zeros.... through the incredible miracle that allows ME to speak directly to YOU right this very heart-beating moment... Can you feel that? Can you feel it inside? That is a miracle. It's the miracle all around, the miracle within, the miracle of the Truth.

You don't have to.

You can follow another path, and never feel that way again. You can open up your heart and let that miracle guide you. You can take another road and go with another voice.

But, I mean.... you don't HAVE to.

Happy Monday.

For me this has to be up there as one of your best posts FreeOwl not just saying that it really is excellent

Old 11-02-2015, 05:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I love this, and all your outreach threads.

Save your own life! You really do have to, no one will do it for you.