Notices

PROUD - Day 4

Old 10-29-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

PROUD - Day 4

So I found out today that my mother might have an arterial block that is limiting blood flow to her brain. I also found out that my half-brother had another child and my family back east is just tickled pink to have a 2nd grandchild. I have 4 friggin kids already, but everyone there seems to forget that. I obviously don't have the best relationship with one side of my family. My wife is also recovering from her 2nd knee surgery in 2 months, and her incision is infected. I have been doing double duty as the only bread winner but also Mr. Mom. To say I am stressed is an understatement.

This would usually lead me to slam back 12-18 beers. The lil voice did try to make a little noise today, but I am happy to say that I told it to shut the hell up! I won't let it ruin what I am working so hard for. Life happens and not one ounce of booze was going to change what is going on. In fact, all it would have done is possibly had me not functional to take care of my wife or kids if something happened, get to emotional about my mom instead of thinking clearly of what the next steps for medical treatment will be, and raise my anxiety tomorrow morning through the roof. So...SHUT UP lil voice! No one here wants to hear any of your BS!

Sorry if this was a little to strong for some people, but I just really needed to get this off my chest.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Anxiety is pretty much what caused me to stop drinking.

Yep, you know drinking will just make your issues worse.

Eat well and fight for your sleep.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Fantastic job c23. Life isn't easy, and it sounds like you've got your hands full for sure. You need to be very proud of how you reacted to today... you didn't drink. Bottom line, life threw you punches and you didn't drink.

Way to go. Be proud of yourself tonight.
Old 10-30-2015, 12:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 10-30-2015, 01:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Awesome! You had a perfectly good reason to drink, and you're totally in the difficult early part of recovery. Just remember this major victory when future temptations come up. This should really be a shot of confidence for you. Wooo Hooo!
Old 10-30-2015, 08:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Trudgin

If you want it out, shout it out!!!!

Glad your'e posting