Notices

HopeForAHappyPost

Old 10-28-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

HopeForAHappyPost

I hope someday i can post something about me being happy and healthy and strong and feel the best life ive ever had. im struggling with my binge drinking along with struggling with feelings of sadness, low self esteem and worthless and i think i should leave my boyfriend. but i am co-dependant and scared and sad to be alone and not sure if leaving him is right thing. what if things get better with us? i think i need to work on myself then maybe things will get better between us.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hi b2g -

Having multi things eating at you isn't a pleasant feeling. I was there while I was drinking. I knew things could be so much better in a bunch of areas.

Focusing on just one thing first - getting sober - was my game changer. After that everything else started to get better. It sounds like that may work for you too. One day at a time, one thing at a time.

Now I am very happy with my life, my relationships, my sad mood has vanished w/o the depressant that is alcohol affecting it. I hope the same for you.

And yes, you can do this and we are here to support you.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When it comes to sobriety, don't be afraid to put yourself first.
You may find with sobriety feelings of joy and well being will return.
It did for me. And I am thankful.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think that working on yourself first is a good idea too. When you feel good about yourself, it will make everything seem easier.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It can be complicated! When one party gets sober it can really change the dynamic of a relationship. There's no reason to break up just because you want to get sober, unless of course he doesn't want you to. Ultimately you have to ask if he will be be part of the solution or part of the problem.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by back2thegoodME View Post
I hope someday i can post something about me being happy and healthy and strong and feel the best life ive ever had. im struggling with my binge drinking along with struggling with feelings of sadness, low self esteem and worthless and i think i should leave my boyfriend. but i am co-dependant and scared and sad to be alone and not sure if leaving him is right thing. what if things get better with us? i think i need to work on myself then maybe things will get better between us.
My main thought on this is that regardless of what the future holds in your life - in relationships - you simply cannot go wrong with working on yourself. For many of us that is a life long- on-going quest.

Everyone has things they need to work on...but that can go into overdrive too...it's important to also enjoy life, learn the value of true restorative rest, and just be good to yourself.

Blessed Be...
Old 10-29-2015, 02:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Something I had to figure out was that other people or things in life may change, but what if they don't? It's all out of my control.

Instead a better way forward was dealing with the things that I can change and that was myself and my one situation, those were the things in my control, and top of that list was Sobriety.

Looking back Sobriety has been the greatest foundation upon which to build a life upon, all those feelings of self worth, happiness, sadness, anxiety, loneliness, I never stood a chance in turning those around whilst I was still drinking.

Give yourself a shot at that happy life you deserve!!
Old 10-29-2015, 02:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yeah! Give a shot..what have you got to lose?