Notices

Still going

Old 10-28-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still going

Well, I'm sitting here in the midst of day 183. I'd like to say things are great, but that would be a lie. My anxiety still flares up while working and some days I feel trapped in a fog. Also, I still don't feel entirely healthy and I think that everything is leading me into depression. On the bright side though, I find it easy to not drink alcohol and am even able to go to places where I used to get drunk and not even think twice about having a drink now. So, I'm trying to stay positive by always remembering that no matter how I feel right now, I'm still in a better position than I was back when I was drinking daily.

Just rambling. Felt like I had to get that stuff off my chest. I keep it all to myself, except for a close friend that lets me vent.

I hope everyone has a great and productive Wednesday.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi there - Thanks for posting. Sometimes I get like that as well. Sometimes I'm like why isn't my life more fun or better yet and then I realize it took me 10 years to get like this might take me a few to get out of it. I also got depressed (on anti-depressants now) and trying to figure out life sober feeling all those daily feelings I haven't for so long.

Anyway - I guess I'm just adding my rambling
Old 10-28-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 183 LS. You're doing great, hang in there. I hit a few rough patches around the 6 month mark. Just keep everything in perspective like you are doing. Bottom line, you are so much better off than when you were drinking!

Well done.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

183 days is awesome! And I think ups and downs are normal. And the downs for me can feel more down because when I'm sober I can't drink through them. And then my drinking causes chaos, shame and guilt...so I can focus on that, beating myself up keeps me preoccupied. I think because of my pretty chaotic dysfunctional life I'm always looking for something bad to happen. When it doesn't, I kind of don't know what to do with myself and get a bit numb. That's me anyway. I just try to remind myself that 'this' is life...pretty, um, basic when I'm not busy screwing it up. It takes real effort and action for me to add interest to daily existence.

If your depression worsens maybe consider counseling. Might help.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats on day 183
Old 10-28-2015, 03:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hang in there!!

Day 183 is no small achievement, it took some great work to get there, keep it going!!
Old 10-28-2015, 10:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hang in there, LS. I hope you can see that 183 days is a great accomplishment in and of itself. Sobriety fixes a lot of stuff but not everything. Most of us spend years or even decades digging the hole we found ourselves standing in, so getting out and filling the hole takes some time.

It will get better!