The Language of Letting Go, October 28

Old 10-28-2015, 05:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Language of Letting Go, October 28

OCTOBER 28

You are reading from the book "The Language of Letting Go."

Meditation and Prayer

The Eleventh Step asks us to meditate as a route to improving our conscious contact with Higher Power.

Meditation is different than obsessing or worrying. Obsession and worrying are fear connections. Meditation means opening our mind and our spiritual energy to the Higher Power connection.

To connect with Higher Power, we need to relax as best we can and open our conscious and subconscious mind to a Higher Consciousness - one that is available to each of us.

In the busyness of our day and life, it may seem like a waste of time to slow down, to stop what we're doing, and take this kind of break. It is no more a waste of time than stopping to put gas in our car when the tank is almost empty. It is necessary, it is beneficial, and it saves time. In fact, meditation can create more time and energy than the moments we take to do it.

Meditation and prayer are powerful recovery behaviors that work. We need to be patient. It is not reasonable to expect immediate answers, insight, or inspiration.

But solutions are coming. They are already on the way, if we have done our part - meditate and pray - and then let the rest go.

Whether we pray and meditate first thing in the morning, during a coffee break, or in the evening is our choice.

When our conscious contact with Higher Power improves, our subconscious contact will too. We will find ourselves increasingly tuned in to Higher Power's harmony and will for us. We will find and maintain that soul connection, the Higher Power connection.

Today I will take a moment for meditation and prayer. I will decide when and how long to do it. I am a child and creation of Higher Power - a Higher Power who loves to listen and talk to me. Higher Power, help me let go of my fears about whether or not You hear and care. Help me know that You are there and that I am able to tap into the spiritual consciousness.

©1990, Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

In the busyness of our day and life, it may seem like a waste of time to slow down, to stop what we're doing, and take this kind of break. It is no more a waste of time than stopping to put gas in our car when the tank is almost empty. It is necessary, it is beneficial, and it saves time. In fact, meditation can create more time and energy than the moments we take to do it.
This is a big thing for me. I always feel I have too much other "important" stuff to do to "waste time" sitting to meditate for 20 minutes, or even 10. Really so silly of me...and I do feel so much better when I take the time.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by honeypig View Post
This is a big thing for me. I always feel I have too much other "important" stuff to do to "waste time" sitting to meditate for 20 minutes, or even 10. Really so silly of me...and I do feel so much better when I take the time.
I'm the same way except it seems to be with everything lately - too busy taking care of everyone and everything else to stop and take the time out to care for myself. And we all know what happens when we neglect ourselves...

Thank you again for posting these daily
Old 10-28-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Now that I've finally started getting into this habit, I really DO notice when I start skipping out on that time. My fuse gets shorter, I stress-eat & I start slowly minimizing & de-prioritizing other important self-care time & activities. It's like the first domino falling sooooooooo softly.