Hi

Old 10-28-2015, 12:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi

Hi Everyone,
I haven't been here for sometime, but I lived here for many years..was a godsend! For those of you that have never met me, it was my now exh that led me to find SR. He decided to follow his crack addiction for 10 years, so it was me and our two boys, they were 10 and 12 when the roll coaster ride began. The boys are 23 and 25 now and it wasn't an easy time with them and no spouse around to help. They both went down the road of addictions as well. Though 3 years ago they both straightened around and my 23 year old just finished his 4th year in heavy duty mechanics and my 25 year old has a really good job, has bought himself a knew truck and dirt bike and they are both living on their own with no help from Mom and as well, they have turned into kind respectful men to their Mom! My eyes tear as I write this, as for those who remember me, there were years of living in a big black hole! My youngest lives in a different province, he came home for 6 weeks in the summer to finish his schooling and it was a real joy to have him home and he was just as happy to be home as I was to have him. I then went to stay with him for a week over the Canada Thanksgiving, he treated me like gold.

I am sivel to their dad and we can have a decent conversation, but it drives me nuts when he says "WE" sure did a good job raising those boys! I could reach out and hit him with Ann's slipper when he says that!

Rose
Old 10-28-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((((Rose))))) I am here to offer both my slippers to whack him with!!! YOU did a wonderful job raising your boys.

Rose, I remember your ongoing struggle and how very hard it was for you with children. But somehow you found the strength and courage to move forward into a life that did not include addiction. You were and are such an inspiration to everyone here and I am so glad you have come back to share you story.

I am sorry your boys found their own dark path for a while but am so glad they found their way back. I am sure the shining light of an example that you have been had a lot to do with their desire to do better and leave addiction in their dust.

You walked with me for a long time on this journey and I was always happy to know you were there to lean on when I needed. I love you lots and hope the years ahead bring you nothing but joy and happiness and peace.

Hugs and Hugs xoxoxo
Old 10-28-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awe Thank You Ann! With out a doubt SR was a major role in keeping me going through those years, I cyber met some of the most amazing people here. My exh is off the drugs has been for a few years now, but he drinks like a fish, he always did drink to much even before the drugs took over. He is back to himself, there have been times when we have been in the same company and I can only take him for a short period, he gets on my nerves, he is loud and overbearing and I shake my head to myself and ask "why did I try so hard to save that marriage...lol

Rose
Old 10-29-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Clarity comes slowly but once here, I find myself shaking my head and thinking "what WAS I thinking?".

It's just good to be free, never taking that for granted but just grateful each day to be out of the darkness of addiction.

Hugs