Call the PO?

Old 10-27-2015, 12:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Call the PO?

I was wondering what the thoughts are on calling someone's PO?

On one hand, NONE OF MY BUSINESS.

On the other hand, sometimes our addicts are sneaky. And UAs can be doctored.

I believe POs know a lot more than we think they might, and may let things "slide" if the overall picture is looking better than not.... But sometimes maybe the PO is missing a few puzzle pieces.

If the family's in on his actions, how would the PO figure everything out? Meaning, I'm not sure the family will come clean if asked--NO ONE wants to be a snitch.

I've done it before, and I want to stay out of it now...

Where is the line between letting things play out, and intervening for safety? Or is it just my piece of mind I need to resolve?
Old 10-27-2015, 12:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What is your motivation for doing so?

I believe a lot of PO's are overwhelmed with people who don't pass the UA's. The jails are full, the PO's are not sure what to do next sometimes.

Sometimes I wish I would have told my X's PO what was going on, other times, I figure it is not my deal. I dunno.

If I were using that as a tool to protect my children, I would absolutely do it.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

this is the EX again right?

you are still very much engaged in HIS life and HIS doings. how about just live and let live? let him be? let go?
Old 10-27-2015, 12:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would stay out of it. I have my hands full with my own stuff.
Old 10-27-2015, 01:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
What's in it for you?
Old 10-27-2015, 04:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Nothing.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by auroraxborealis View Post
Nothing.
Then why do it?
Old 10-27-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Idk. I haven't yet.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Idk. I haven't yet.
If you're going to do something in this life, you have to ask yourself how you benefit from that action.

And pardon me for being blunt, but by your own admission, what your AXBF is or isn't doing is none of your business. Yet you're contemplating making it your business.

What in God's name has to happen in order for you to put this a-hole in your rearview mirror permanently?
Old 10-27-2015, 05:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh my, forgive me for asking for input.

I don't think we have to benefit from every action we make. I think breaking even is considered a win sometimes. Not right now, but in general.

And honestly? Death to him and his entire family. I mean that's extreme but I'm not willing to lose everyone else for one person. Not worth it.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh my, forgive me for asking for input.

I don't think we have to benefit from every action we make. I think breaking even is considered a win sometimes. Not right now, but in general.

And honestly? Death to him and his entire family. I mean that's extreme but I'm not willing to lose everyone else for one person. Not worth it.
By "benefitting", I mean, How does this help me recover from a situation where I was badly hurt. And that is a question you have to answer honestly.

We "benefit" by putting people who have hurt us in our rearview mirror, because when we make that decision, that reduces the probability that they'll hurt us to nearly zero.

There is, for example, no possible way that my AXGF can contact me. Not over email. Not on LinkedIn. Not by phone. That cord has been permanently, irrevocably cut.

If you choose to contact his PO, that's on you. You own it. It's not a choice I would want you to make, but then again I don't pay an emotional price for that. But you might pay a price. And that doesn't benefit you at all.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Aurora, I haven't seen you in a while. How are you doing? Are you finding ways to take care of yourself? I hope you're building some time to take good care of Aurora into your life.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

If you can see them in your rearview, then by definition they are
still proximate.

................keep driving until you can't see them anymore.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

first off, HIS PO should not be talking to anyone about HIS client.....nor taking the word of an EX girlfriend and acting upon that. POs have huge client loads and do the best they can.

second, you are not in charge of the EX's life.....you don't get to call the shots or try to redirect his path.

third, if you truly do have a humanitarian desire to save a life, why not volunteer at a soup kitchen or Meals on Wheels or volunteer as a candy-striper at a local hospital, where you CAN make a difference.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

If I were a PO I would be offended by your post,

I'm sure the PO in question has had the proper education, training, experience to do his job just fine. He does not need you to help him "fill in the pieces"

I can't state enough how this is just none of you business.
You need to find something else to occupy your time.

You live in Alaska for god sakes there must be something else you could be doing then hasseling the PO. I'm sure he is doing a fine job.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I've talked to the PO before and did not receive any indication that I was doing his job for him. I'm not underestimating his ability, and I know he knows his clientele

Yes I live in Alaska. Have you BEEN to Alaska? Not a whole lot to do here! But I get your point.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
first off, HIS PO should not be talking to anyone about HIS client.....nor taking the word of an EX girlfriend and acting upon that. POs have huge client loads and do the best they can. second, you are not in charge of the EX's life.....you don't get to call the shots or try to redirect his path. third, if you truly do have a humanitarian desire to save a life, why not volunteer at a soup kitchen or Meals on Wheels or volunteer as a candy-striper at a local hospital, where you CAN make a difference.
Good idea.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jjj111 View Post
Aurora, I haven't seen you in a while. How are you doing? Are you finding ways to take care of yourself? I hope you're building some time to take good care of Aurora into your life.
Thanks. I just moved into town. I didn't get my own place, but pieces fell perfectly to where I got a nice place for relatively low rent. Well, maybe not for me, but the tight budget is worth the two hours saved on my commute.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

when i got put on probation i had to do 2 aa meeti gs/wk for a year. since it was a county 100 miles away, just had to send my signed slips in to my PO.
and was still drinking. even stopped going to meetings. bought signatures at the bar for the price of a beer. even would go through the phone book all drunked up and pull names and numbers out of it.
what would have happened if PO found out i was still drinking?
cant say, but i would have kept drinking because i wasnt ready to stop. still in denial that alcohol was a problem.
as for the PO's, my sponsor was a PO in metro detroit. only recovering alcoholic PO in that jurisdiction. NONE of them are dumb. they have heard it all and seen quite a bit.they have a pretty good idea of when someone got a wake up call and is truly doing something about it and when someone is going to try and wiggle around the laws.quite a few times my sponsor received phone calls,letters, and visits from loved ones. his reaction is to let the alcoholic dig their own hole. take that time that would be wasted breath and use it for those that are honestly seeking help.
why? because it is next to impossible to get anything through the head of an alcoholic in denial.
which i personally can attest to.
when my son was about 5 his mom hadda talk with me about how alcohol was getting in the way of my relationship with my son. i sat,listened patiently, then said," im heading to the store for a 12 pack. want anything?"